r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Western Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:24am
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:29am
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Purdycat87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:49pm
Sure wished we could have been part of it. But once school starts after Labour Day, all the activities etc are back.  Just couldn't swing it.  Ironically when we were camping on labour day weekend at Rathtrevor provincial park in Parksville BC (on Vancouver island) we saw 2 other Rpods in the same campground -none of us together.  (Last year on Labour day - we saw 2 other ones as well - so I'm guessing that we aren't the only ones who go there every year).  Another friend saw an RPod at a different campground that weekend.  RPods seem to be quite popular here on the island. 
I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 9:26pm
Possibly next year we can have it prior to Labor Day and/or more up in your neck of the woods.  It may be a little early to start planning but certainly will ask what others want.  I will say after Labor Day things do quiet down at any of the campgrounds.  Will see whatever others would like.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
GrammyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:50pm
Hey, all. We're new to the Pod life (we come from the T@B family), but totally ready to do a roundup. A couple of suggestions -
Since weather at the beach can be iffy at any time, fall being the best of the year, maybe Central Oregon? There's a campground halfway between Bend and Sisters that was a KOA but is now privately owned. SOTF had a rally there last year and loved it. There's so much to do within a half-hour's drive, and mid to late September in that area is spectacular. (McKenzie Pass, Bend, Sisters, Smith Rocks, Century Drive - the list goes on and on)

If the Oregon coast is the favored destination, there are several options on the northern coast. Fort Stevens State Park is wonderful, huge, and well situated to both Oregon and Washington adventures. Astoria has a ton of really cool stuff to do, good restaurants, a brewery, and much else. Cape Disappointment is across the bridge in Washington, on the southern end of the Long Beach peninsula, which is also really cool. South of Astoria are a couple that are off the main path, but both super campgrounds - Cape Lookout and Nehalem Bay state parks. They're a little further from the tourist stuff, but the beaches are awesome, they're close to Tillamook and Cannon Beach, and after mid-September, they're not crowded.

We'll go anywhere - we have an R-Pod and she'll be ready!

Sherrie & Mike Barker - and Lucille
GrammyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:59pm
Looking at my calendar, the 12th is Thursday.  So the rally is the 12, 13, 14, and 15? That would be Thursday through Sunday.

We're in - will make a reservation soon with the park. Thanks, Bob!

Sherrie, Mike and Lucille
GrammyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:06pm
Okay, so I feel really stupid and overexcited about a rally, because I just noticed that the dates were 2012. Yup, we missed the 2012 rally. But we didn't have Lucille - we did attend the T@B rally in Long Beach, Washington, in June, though. Does that count?

Needless to say, we won't be making those reservations for the RV park real soon...........2013? Central Oregon in the hope there are no big fires? But the beach is always good. Just let us know!

Sherrie (Mike and Lucille opt out of this one)
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:39pm
I picked the beach because I really don't like it too hot.  We were there this Sept. and the weather was perfect.  We are 15 miles from Astoria that has a world class maritime museum for the kids and certainly for adults.  They have a lightship at the dock that you can board and look around.  It was used for many years on the coast where there wasn't anyplace to build a lighthouse.  We are near some outlet stores for you shoppers.  On the coast we have crabbing, and close to Cannon Beach etc.  Truly a central location with lots to see and do.  As we did this past summer, during the day your on your own for doing, whatever.  Dinner time is when we all get back together and chew the fat and compare Rpods, etc.  From the initial responses it may be a record turnout.  Since it is so early to make reservations, just keep your eye on the calendar as the campground opens in April for reservations.  I have already left a message for 6 spaces, but we can certainly increase it.  Stay tuned.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic