r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new rdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohiojj45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new rdome
    Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 7:18pm
Where can you buy a new rdome?  are there other options, such as a canopy?  thanks
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 7:54pm
You can get a dome from forest river or your dealer. Some people have had flys made to order. Others (like me) have made one from an old pop up fly. You can also sometimes find one for sale on this forum
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
takeachance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeachance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:50pm
You can also find them on eBay, right now there is some selling for $160+, compared to the $600 from the dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rv-Camper-R-Pod-Pop-up-A-E-Dometic-Cabana-Screen-Room-Privacy-Awning-Blue-/330731800277?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0126c6d5&vxp=mtr#ht_944wt_775
ohiojj45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohiojj45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:03pm
the ebay price sounds too good to be true.  do you have a link for just a canopy?
Diamondgirlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamondgirlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 10:43pm
We're on the road with our r-pod, and just saw a 2011 r-pod a few spaces over from us.  They have a roll-out awning that stores in a bag on the side.  The owner told me that he bought a roll-out awning suitable for a pop-up camper (from Dometic).  He told me he placed the awning on(in) the awning rail, and reinforced it with two small screws at the ends of the rail.  He has been on the road for 10 days and said the awning works great.
USAF retired x 2
"Diamond-pod"
2012 R-pod 177
2010 Toyota 4Runner
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Diamondgirlz Diamondgirlz wrote:

We're on the road with our r-pod, and just saw a 2011 r-pod a few spaces over from us.  They have a roll-out awning that stores in a bag on the side.  The owner told me that he bought a roll-out awning suitable for a pop-up camper (from Dometic).  He told me he placed the awning on(in) the awning rail, and reinforced it with two small screws at the ends of the rail.  He has been on the road for 10 days and said the awning works great.

Should have told them to sign up on the forum and post some pics!  hehe
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:10pm
I have thought through a couple different ways to permanently attach a awning, wouldn't be that hard..

But "there's no place like dome.."

On a side note.. at the Good Sam rally, Carefree Awnings had a very interesting room set up for under the awning.. and the "weather seal" along the camper skin was very interesting. I am thinking we may copy it.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Joebok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joebok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:32pm
How you contact Forest River to buy an R-Dome?  I've been looking at their website, but I can't seem to find any links or info?  Thanks!
Joe
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:40pm
The FAQ section (under maintenance) has a wealth of information, including contact information for Forest River personnel involved with the R-Pods.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

I have thought through a couple different ways to permanently attach a awning, wouldn't be that hard..

But "there's no place like dome.."

On a side note.. at the Good Sam rally, Carefree Awnings had a very interesting room set up for under the awning.. and the "weather seal" along the camper skin was very interesting. I am thinking we may copy it.

Not sure we saw that, might have to do some research today to see if I can find this online!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic