r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NORTHERN KY MINI RALLY 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 10:09am
Just reserved site #34, 20-23rd.

Green River, especially on the weekend, is a boat/party place.  Maybe late Sept. not so much.  Otherwise we like it.  None of the sites are far from the water.

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:04pm
I just reserved sites #36 and #38 for me and Ella. i will be coming on Thurs. the 20th and Ella will be coming on Fri. the 21st. Got to wait for Tom to get out of school that day. Poor Tom. Problem is, he absolutely loves it, i think.  I also let Sheila know. She said to count her in  and Alan and Carie and they'll probably come. They will keep me posted.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:07pm
Rita,  i never heard of Green River. i never really saw water at Bone Lick unless it was a creek. are you sure you're thinking about the same place? I've been there a couple of times and never saw it being a party place, just a family campground. OR am I just terribly confused?

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:54pm
Alan and Carie have booked site #40 arriving on Thurs. the 20th.

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 7:42pm
I was talking about Green River 'cause Furpod said they may go there. We liked it except for the crowd that was there when we went.

Our mini rally is looking good!!  Pot luck Friday night??  Coach, I'm ready to try corn hole again.

Oh yeah ~ we need RAIN here!!  Garden is DRY.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

Rita,  i never heard of Green River. i never really saw water at Bone Lick unless it was a creek. are you sure you're thinking about the same place? I've been there a couple of times and never saw it being a party place, just a family campground. OR am I just terribly confused?

It's a state campground over this way, less than an hour away.. kymooses are going to be there, and we are trying to decide which place to go to.. it's much closer, and Sue has to work at least Friday morning..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:50am
Green River is a bit of a party place at times, but thats the lake I grew up partying at from Junior High on through High School before I moved to Louisville.  So it has always been a favorite place to go.

The state park is indeed the most crowded and has the most hooplah going on at it, the other 3 campgrounds that surround the area are a quite a bit quieter.  But I like being right on the water via the state campground, the marina is close and if we have a boat it's easy to slide right up to your campsite!

@Sylviablue were you all at the State Park I imagine?
Graci's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graci's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:50pm
Looks like we are going to make it.  Reserved  site 41.  Think it will be the end of our 35 day road trip.  With all the fires in the exact location we were going, Will probably hold off Colorado Springs  this year.
Memaw and Papa
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:11pm
So sorry about your trip but will be happy to see you again.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 6:25pm
This is the list I have so far:

Pepperpod and Coach       #35
tbkld93                    37
Don and Mary               39
sylviablue                 34
Tink                      36
Ella and Tom               38
Alan and Carrie            40
GraciePod                  41
Furpod                     (?)

Correct me if I am wrong. Looking forward to this.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic