r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Green River 9/21-23/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 1:02pm
BTW.. been gone to Cali for the last two weeks.. was really busy. But home and lazed out now..

I had a thought.. Saturday evening.. chilli fest? I can make a big pot of venison chilli.. I know the campers from up here will be all over it.. don't know about kymooses or pamspod.. I have been told it's good..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 1:33pm
O.K., by popular demand, here's Tink wearing her hoity, toity, fascinator.....

I did not post this picture, I was never here.

2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 2:22pm
Now you're talking about my pajamas too?  At least you're not forgetting about me! Talk all you want. I'll just be a little fly on the domesWink

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

BTW.. been gone to Cali for the last two weeks.. was really busy. But home and lazed out now..

I had a thought.. Saturday evening.. chilli fest? I can make a big pot of venison chilli.. I know the campers from up here will be all over it.. don't know about kymooses or pamspod.. I have been told it's good..

Liking this idea, will get with you closer to date about planning for that for sure!  Will probably have to make Carrie some plain chilli of my own for her odd tastes!

Great seeing you all this past weekend, was awesome for you to stop by!  I think we're going to drive to O'bannon this weekend maybe just to see the sites and stuff.  Gotta see if Carrie is working or not first.
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:30pm
This is addressed to the un-leader.  Having jumped into the fray of calling for a rendezvous of R-Podders here in the west, I was wondering what a leader or un-leaders duties are?  We are still in the gathering phase of podders, so not sure how many are coming, but we aren't scheduled till mid Sept. in Astoria, Oregon.  Any suggestions as to what is entailed to being the Big Cahuna?
Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Camper Bob Camper Bob wrote:

This is addressed to the un-leader.  Having jumped into the fray of calling for a rendezvous of R-Podders here in the west, I was wondering what a leader or un-leaders duties are?  We are still in the gathering phase of podders, so not sure how many are coming, but we aren't scheduled till mid Sept. in Astoria, Oregon.  Any suggestions as to what is entailed to being the Big Cahuna?
Safe Travels.

In our experience over the years with several different groups and clubs..

I see the leader/un-leader as a person who will make a few casual plans for "events", and be a bit of a central coordinator for such. Also a central contact for people, in many cases, you will have people there who have never met in person, and if the leader/un-leader breaks the ice, it will help the group meld a bit. You already have a mutual interest.. camping in pods.. so should be easy, but sometimes it isn't.

And sometimes, someone, HAS to decide what time a group event will be. Or what restaurant the main group will go to.. etc. (Thanks to Tink for finding an awesome breakfast spot in Georgetown at the Eastern)

In Astoria is a great maritime museum, fort Clatsop, the fur traders fort, great architecture.. most will want to see all/some of them, and will be glad to convoy or whatever, but as always, no one will want to take charge or make a decision as to order/time etc.. that's where the leader/un-leader steps in and helps get the wagon out of the mire. 

Good luck. I sure wouldn't want to be an leader/un-leader.. lol

'17 Ford F250 CCSB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 9:41am
Well, thanks for the quick reply.  I guess my instincts were correct for a leader.  Wasn't sure what an un-leader was, but seem to be one and the same.  In any event, we are looking forward to a great time.  The Geklunds have just returned from a 6,000 mile journey to Alaska and back from their Washington home.  They are going to regale us all at the campfire on their trip, the fun things that happened, and the unexpected.  Should be extremely educational and entertaining.  I have been able to secure a number of "The Official Oregon Coast 2012-2013 Visitor Guides, for each of the attendees.  It contains all you need to see and do to explore and enjoy the Oregon Coast.  Of course for those who are interested, there is also crabbing to be done with the proper Oregeon fishing license. Looking forward to a great time for all.  Possibly you could join us too.  Safe Travels.  
2005 Chev. Tahoe
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 3:49pm
Long way for us.. we will be in northern Cali again in Oct. We talked about taking dad's camper up that way earlier, because we were there (Astoria) with a cruise, and know we could spend a week or two there easy.

BUT.. "Car's Land" just opened up at Disneyland..  Wink 
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:54pm
Camper Bob, there were three of us who shared the responsibilities at the first Eastern US Roundup. We did a lot of planning for it that we did not do for later ones. I think it helps to have someone who lives near the campground to be the contact person. We had name tags because there were so many who attended and none of us knew each other. We also invited the Forest River people to attend. They sent three pods with reps from their Indiana plant. You can make it as difficult or as easy as you want. For the rallies during the last two years, we have just posted the dates for the roundup, chose a campground, and people came. We have a potluck on Friday or Saturday night. The days are spent doing touristy things and at night we usually meet at the leaders site for a campfire and good company.
The term UNLEADER came about this year as a way of teasing Tink. Btw, she did a great job.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:18am
Wish we could have been there.  East Coast is a bit far for us yet.  Maybe someday.  Have a lot of territory to explore here in the West.  Just came back from a trip to Big Sur, Moneterey, Carmel area.  Still magnificent.  Maybe you might see your way clear to visit the Pacific Northwest sometime.  Thanks for all the info.  Think I'm on the right track with preliminary planning.  Hope we have a big crowd.  Should be lots of fun.  The Geklunds will regale us of their recent trip from their home in Washington State to Alaska and back.  Looking forward to hearing about that.  Also, I'm told there is a large herd of Elk that visit the park.  Gonna take some pics.  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic