r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RECALL Letter for lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:47am
Yea, someone already mentioned that no holes thru the shell are required.  That was my biggest concern about having this done.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

jmjin72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmjin72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:11pm
We've received the recall letter last week and booked the recall service next week at local dealer. We are living in Canada, but we bought our unit in US. There are some Forest River dealers in Calgary, but we will bring the unit to RPOD dealer because they already have done so many Canadian RPOD recall work. They knew how to fix it. 
MJ & Sunny, Calgary AB
RPOD-172, 2007 Oddysey
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jmjin72 jmjin72 wrote:

We've received the recall letter last week and booked the recall service next week at local dealer. We are living in Canada, but we bought our unit in US. There are some Forest River dealers in Calgary, but we will bring the unit to RPOD dealer because they already have done so many Canadian RPOD recall work. They knew how to fix it. 

That is a good thing.  In contrast, I will be either the 1st or 2nd unit that my dealer will have done the recall to.  I'm not real excited about that.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180

Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by this_is_nascar this_is_nascar wrote:

That is a good thing.  In contrast, I will be either the 1st or 2nd unit that my dealer will have done the recall to.  I'm not real excited about that.

I don't think I'd worry too much. It's a pretty easy project.

I'm having mine done by the RV repair/service shop down the road from me. They are not an rpod dealer. They aren't even a Forest River dealer. But they do RV bodywork and RV restorations.

I have to say that Susan Thornberg is terrific. I originally emailed her  our new address so we can get the recall letter since we've moved since we bought the rpod. Later that day she sent my recall letter to me by email as a .pdf file. She also told me I can have the recall done at any shop that's willing to work with her. I needed to have some work done on the rpod anyway so when I took it down, I asked the service manager if he could do the recall. He said he'd contact Susan and take care of everything. That was last Friday. He called yesterday to tell me that Susan was setting up the shipping of everything he needed to carry out the recall and it should be at his shop this week. If he gets the parts/instructions this week, he says I'll have my rpod back next week. Pretty slick and all within 2 miles of my house.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:26am
That's great.  I should have considered that for mine.  I"m too late in the process now, since my dealer has already ordered the recall kit.  I have a dealer much closer that I would have felt better in doing the work.  They don't deal in FR either, but we've bought campers from them before.  It's where we got our Jayco.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:11pm
The kit is in at my dealer.  I'm taking my 2010 171 in on Monday the 30th.  I probably won't be picking it up until Saturday.  They need to keep it at least overnight to let the resin harden for the light bar.   Hope everyone gets this taken care of to their satisfaction.

Lark  F-150 R 171  Minn.Smile
Lark
SOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:16pm
I'm comfused, I have a new 2011 171, it has no lights at the top and only reflective tape on the fenders. I purchased this new last 10/2011 from a dealership in Nebraska. Should they have already put the lights on? Should I have received a recall? Looking for information.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:48am
The recall was only recently forced in the US.  You  should have recieved a letter.  If not, contact FR using the info in this thread or the other multi-page recall thread.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180

tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:10pm
Just got my Pod back from the FR dealer for light installation.  Several comments made to me by the installer.  If you don't have risers...when you go in...request shorter self-tapping screws for the fender light installation.  FR supplies quite long stainless screws...they extend really close to the tires if you don't have the risers!  My installers uses 1/2inch shorter screws so there is no chance that the tire tread could catch on the screws.
FR supplies 3M water-proof connectors, but the wire ends going into the fender light sockets are just sprayed with a 'water-proof coating' that rubs right off.  My dealer and I agreed that I should apply some Marine Gook to the backs of each light housing to protect the wire socket leads.
He did not...because he has been following the FR Recall instructions.  Even tho' the installation could be done faster and better than what FR instructed.
For example, the instructions state that the wires running down from the spoiler should be run into the rear interior and a hole drilled into rear wall to the right rear light assembly space.  After doing the first install, my dealer decided to run the spoiler wires down inside the vinyl strip and directly into the wall interior to the light without ever coming into the Pod's interior.  No exposed wires and no drilling inside the Pod.
tsunami

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by tsunami tsunami wrote:

Just got my Pod back from the FR dealer for light installation.  Several comments made to me by the installer.  If you don't have risers...when you go in...request shorter self-tapping screws for the fender light installation.  FR supplies quite long stainless screws...they extend really close to the tires if you don't have the risers!  My installers uses 1/2inch shorter screws so there is no chance that the tire tread could catch on the screws.
FR supplies 3M water-proof connectors, but the wire ends going into the fender light sockets are just sprayed with a 'water-proof coating' that rubs right off.  My dealer and I agreed that I should apply some Marine Gook to the backs of each light housing to protect the wire socket leads.
He did not...because he has been following the FR Recall instructions.  Even tho' the installation could be done faster and better than what FR instructed.
For example, the instructions state that the wires running down from the spoiler should be run into the rear interior and a hole drilled into rear wall to the right rear light assembly space.  After doing the first install, my dealer decided to run the spoiler wires down inside the vinyl strip and directly into the wall interior to the light without ever coming into the Pod's interior.  No exposed wires and no drilling inside the Pod.

Now I'm confused.  Everyone up to this point said the installation DID NOT require drilling into the shell, but you're contradicting that info.  Not sure what to believe anymore.  Did you see the installation instructions from FR?  I'm not doubting what you said, but have an issue, since up to this point, every other installation did not require a hole through the outside shell.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic