r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Dome Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Dome Size
    Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 6:38pm
I have my 171 but the R-Dome has not come in yet.  I have been out with it twice now and realize that having the R-Dome is a very important option that will make things much easier and cleaner inside the trailer.  I want to get a piece of outdoor carpeting to go under the R-Dome but do not know how big it is.  Can anyone tell me the floor dimensions for the R-Dome?
Dave From Ontario Canada
ridney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:30am
It's within a few inches of being 9'x12'.  You can find that size polypropylene mat all over the internet for about $60 give or take a few bucks.  Polypropylene is great because it won't mildew and is very easy to clean since it's plastic.
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 8:10am
Outdoor carpet is pretty heavy and will soak up a lot of water when it rains.  Another idea is some stuff that RV dealers and Camping World sells.  It's a plastic woven ground cover made for camping.  Easy to clean also.  I forget what it's called.

Terry
ridney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 8:47am
Terry- Polpropylene is what you're referring to.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 11:03am
Awning mats like the ones at http://www.rvawningmats.com/ are the bees knees Heart
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

Awning mats like the ones at http://www.rvawningmats.com/ are the bees knees Heart

That's what I was talking about.  Excuse the senior moment please!LOL

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic