r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Month Trip Out West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Month Trip Out West
    Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:02am
Smile Just returned from the trip I had been planning for 2 years. We left Florida on April 30 and returned July 7th.
 Drove 11577 miles; Camped in 21 States; Visited 12 National Parks; and 8 National Monuments and got snowed on two days while visiting Yellowstone National Park. Temperatures ranged from 27 degrees to 108 degrees.
 Went with another couple who have a 2010 24'  Passport Travel Trailer. I have a 2010 R-Pod 177. Both trailers preformed flawlessly. Only problem I had was the night my wife tried to stop the sink faucet from dripping and broke the handle off. Luckly we were not on city water but fresh water; there was a gyser of water coming out of the broken faucet and I quickly turned off the pump and placed the broken faucet handle back on. Probable only had a gallon of water to clean up. Next day I bought a new sink faucet and replaced the broken faucet.
 The easiest way to replace the sink faucet is to remove the sink and that exposes all of the water connections. 
 We took our time and tried to travel about 330 miles a day. We had built in rest days and stayed 2 days at the Grand Canyon; 7 days in Yellowstone National Park and 7 Days in Custer State Park. Camped in 14 State Parks; 10 COE Parks and 5 private campgrounds.
 The most enjoyable states were Wyoming; South Dakota; Arizona; New Mexico; Nevada and Idaho.
The best places we visited were Yellowstone National Park and Custer State Park.
 We saw so many Buffalo; Pronghorn Antalope and Elk in Wyoming and South Dakota; That we had withdrawels for several days from not seeing them anymore.
 Really saved money by having the Senor Pass and even by having a Camping world ( Good Sam ) card.
 Will post pictures later; I took lots and lots of pictures.
 One of the best times was in Las Vegas. We visited friends who live in Henderson Nv. and they gave us the grand tour of Las Vegas and Hoover Dam.
 First night we went to a show and visited the " Strip ". Then the 2nd night we went down town to the original section of Las Vegas.
 I enjoyed the older section better than the strip. I even did a Zip Line on Fremont Street in downtown
Las Vegas.
 StarOverall was a fantastic trip.
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:19am
Sounds like a grand adventure!  Can't wait to see the pics!
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:10pm
Sounds great!  We are beginning to talk about making that sort of trip.  Not this year but maybe next year.  Can't wait to see your pics!
IPodAlong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IPodAlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:33am
I have a new faucet lying in my Pod waiting to be put on since the same thing basically happened to me on my last trip.  No geyser but it wouldn't turn off so I had to turn off water so it wouldn't fill up my gray water tank.  I just disabled the cold side of the faucet for the rest of the trip and used water run thru the hot side (without heating it).  I'll have to look at taking out the sink because I was dreading trying to reach under there to take stuff off.  Any other pointers appreciated.
2010 Rp 171
Towed with 2011 Ford Expedition
Co-pilots: Abby & Brownie
"No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Anon
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 5:42am
To replace sink first make sure water supply is off then You have to remove the front panel below the sink ( 4 screws ), next unscrew the drain pipe that is connected to the bottom of the sink,then on each of the bottom corners of the sink remove a nut and a piece of metal that holds the sink down. Once these are removed just push up on the bottom of the sink and remove it from the cut out. This exposes all of the connections you need to undo. I labeled the water line so as not to reverse them,unscrew water lines also the faucet is secured by 2 nuts that you have to remove.
 Remove old faucet, place new faucet in place; screw nuts back on to secure faucet, then connect the water lines. Place sink back in cut out and put the four corner holders and nuts back on; last connect the pipe to the drain. Turn water supply on and test for leaks. Replace front panel. Very easy job.
 The new faucet has better water flow than the original did.
Tom And Linda

IPodAlong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IPodAlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:10am
Thanks!  The old one had a leak a lot of the time so I actually wasn't sorry it gave out. 
Your trip sounds wonderful.  I visited parks in Utah last fall but Yellowstone is for sure on my list.  We'll see if I get up enough courage to do it by Pod from Virginia!
2010 Rp 171
Towed with 2011 Ford Expedition
Co-pilots: Abby & Brownie
"No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Anon
jasanders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 2:25am
We liked Wyoming too, we were in Yellowstone over Memorial Day holiday and it snowed. Did you go to Thermopolis? Fountain of Youth RV Park there is a hoot.
RP-151
Kamaka ukelele
97 Chev Silverado Shortbox
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:16pm
 Finally got some of the pictures organized. These are from Yellowstone National Park.
Tom And Linda

GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:48pm
Here are some more pictures from Yellowstone.
Tom And Linda

GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:11pm
And some more pictures. Next time I'll post some from Las Vegas and Grand Teton National Park.
Tom And Linda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic