r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RDome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RDome
    Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 2:13pm
Hello,
We just took our rpod out on the maiden voyage and we site jumped a couple times.  My question is after setting up the rdome a couple times and did not like that I could not get easy access to the back storage compartment I made adjustments
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
What's that funny looking weird shaped "M" doing there?  That may be the cause of your problems.

X
OPii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OPii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 4:32pm
We just purchased our R-pod 181G "Hood river" edition this summer. I wish I could say that our R-Dome fits this nice but it doesn't. It sags and causes the dome to pull out of its channel. The Hood River is the special 'off road " model and it is about 7 inches taller than a regular R-Pod. Is there anyone else out there that has this problem with their R-dome and Hood River? 
Thanks OPii
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by OPii OPii wrote:

We just purchased our R-pod 181G "Hood river" edition this summer. I wish I could say that our R-Dome fits this nice but it doesn't. It sags and causes the dome to pull out of its channel. The Hood River is the special 'off road " model and it is about 7 inches taller than a regular R-Pod. Is there anyone else out there that has this problem with their R-dome and Hood River? 
Thanks OPii

We also have a HRE, It seems the dome on ours is at more of a angle on the sides not square to the coach.

WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:53am
I wish FR had made domes bigger for the 18xg models and if they'd also consider making them larger for those of us with risers!

Having a 181g with risers my dome doesn't stretch easily to the sides of the pod at all and the sides are all lifted off the ground usually to where I wouldn't even be able to stake them if I wanted to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic