r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

air conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air conditioning
    Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:08pm
My AC doesn't seem nearly as cold as it was when we first got the Pod.  It was replaced under warranty a couple of years ago and now the cold air is only 10 - 17 degrees different from the air going into the filters.  I got a 10 degree differencel in West Virginia on a very hot, humid day.  I get15-17 degree difference in Colorado.  The coldest it blows is about 60 degrees after it's run for a couple of hours.  Is this typical or does your AC freeze you like I remember mine doing?

I should mention that I just had it serviced with the usual cleanings and so on for $240 - no difference.

Thanks- Bob
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:20pm
Mine will turn my pod into a walk in fridge when its 80 degrees outside. Maybe it needs a recharge.

The Rpods have 11000 to 13500 btu ACs way more than is needed for the size of the trailers  
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
Ours is the 13.5k, it will turn the pod into a meat locker when it's 95 out.. noisy though.. lol
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 9:32am
Once again the MoosePod gets the short end of the stick I guess.  Ours will be comfy inside but I can't say it's ever been really nice and cold in there.    Confused
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 10:19am
After only a short time, we have been able to hang meat in ours.  Sounds like a good servicing of the A/C unit is in order.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 10:55am
I have a theory. (Watch out. It's dangerous when I have a theory.)

For those of you that are having problems: Was your A/C factory installed or dealer installed? I know a lot of the dealers will buy stripped down units and then install the options themselves.

FWIW: Ours was factory installed and we've never had a problem with it.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 9:27am
I'm assuming you guys cleaned your AC filters.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 4:23pm
Thanks for the responses.  Unfortunately, RV roof air conditioners are sealed units and can't be checked for pressure or charged.  The dealer has a binary view - either it's blowing colder than ambient air, in which case it's working or it's not, in which case it needs service.  It's been cleaned with no effect.  I may try calling Dometic to see what they consider normal operation.
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 4:29pm
Not a AC tech but I am told by my AC guy that when a unit is working properly it should blow between 52 and 58 degrees Fahrenheit. I checked my camper and it is blowing 55 on a 92 degree summer day in Texas. Good luck.
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
K_Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:12pm
Mine went hot after 18 months.  The dealer told me it was probably a compressor problem.  No problem, just a new $750 unit!  New one has worked well.  I wonder if I had a strip down although it appeared new and clean.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic