r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bear Creek Canvas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjmingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 12:09am
We will get some pics together and post them, but for now.
The fabric (ripstop nylon)has a sewn-in doubled over tube that holds three pieces of Pex water tubing 3/8" dia. from The Home Depot, and can be folded for storage. The tubing has shock cord through with knots at each end. There is a flap on each end of the sewn in tube with Velcro closures, and a 1/8" nylon cording loop on each end to help with pulling it through the channel.
To keep it from sliding out of the channel, I made 2 1/2"dia x 1" long
aluminum rods and drilled and tapped it for a 10-32 x 1" thumb screw.
Slip it in the end and tighten.
The awning has Velcro sewn onto each side of the shade, so the side panel can go on either side. On the side panel there is also Velcro across the top and a tube sewn below that with the same flaps to hold the Pex tubing for stability. The side panel has loops sewn down each side edge about 18" apart to attach to the poles with ball bungie cords.
The two outside corners of the shade have 3 loops sewn in, one for the pole and two for guide ropes.
Here is the clever part (I think anyway). The poles are adjustable paint poles, the "nuts" to hold corner loops on the top of the poles are
made from paint roller handles cut off so the "nut" is about 4" long.
The openings of the channel need to be filed smooth and rounded so they don't snag the fabric.
Sets up in just a few mintues.
Patrick & Kathy
Prescott Valley AZ
2013 Hood River 177
06 Tacoma
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 11:06am
Love this awning. Still don't understand time issue with dome. Mine goes up in just 7 minutes. But I still love the clean look of this awning. Amen to selling it!
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
pjmingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjmingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 4:49pm
We didn't get the Rdome with ours, and heard people say 45 min to put up.
7 min is quick, probably takes that long for this awing, we just decided to give
it a try, my wife is real creative, and an accomplished seamstress. We really like it.
Didn't cost much either.
Thanks for the complement.     Smile
Patrick & Kathy
Prescott Valley AZ
2013 Hood River 177
06 Tacoma
hodge096 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hodge096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:29pm
Would love to pay to have one made.  What are the chances?  Patty H
MNpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:37am
Nice, I would love details, as we are looking at just an awning,

Just got the Rpod and live it

lbergumpod
lbergum
pjmingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjmingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 11:16am
There is a Facebook page for Rpod owners. In the files section we posted two PDF files. One for design another for materials list. As soon as I figure out how to post files here I will.
You may have to join the group, great bunch of people, Lots of experience and good advice. 
Patrick & Kathy
Prescott Valley AZ
2013 Hood River 177
06 Tacoma
SHsinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHsinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 1:39pm
I'm very interested in the details of how the awning was created. Could you post?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by SHsinger SHsinger wrote:

I'm very interested in the details of how the awning was created. Could you post?

You are responding to a 5 year old post, and to a member who hasn't logged in for 3 years. Doubtful you will get an answer to your question beyond the description given in the post at the top of page 2.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic