r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bear Creek Canvas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bear Creek Canvas
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 4:53pm
Phoned Bear Creek Friday Aug 17, asked about an awning for a 2012 177. I was informed that they don't make awnings any more for the rpod, this started in 2010. They said that in that year, FR decided to make a different size for the track and since then they haven't done any more awnings. I do remember that some folks have had some issues with Bear Creek and the awning pull through, being of a different size than the track (smaller.) I sent an e-mail to K. Griffen wondering if FR was going to offer just an awning with all poles etc. as an alternative for the dome. In Spring and fall love the dome but during the summer heat just putting up an awning would be so much simpler. Wondering on others thoughts about this.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
LarryK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 12:22am
Yes, I too
am interested in a simple awning.
Gunga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 1:02pm
Bear Creek told me if they could get a sample of the larger channel they could make one.  Maybe someone can get Forest River to send a sample. 
RP177
Toyota Tacoma TV
Little Sweet Pea Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Sweet Pea Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 12:30am
Me three, simple awning would be a huge hit.
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 9:37pm
pjmingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjmingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 6:25pm
My wife designed and made this awing for our 2012 177. Tried it out 2 weeks ago,
on the Mogollon Rim AZ. Monsoon storms lots of rain, held up great, pretty simple design.
Uses the track. I can give a detailed discription if someone wants to tackle it.

Patrick LeMmon
Prescott Valley AZ.
Patrick & Kathy
Prescott Valley AZ
2013 Hood River 177
06 Tacoma
IPodAlong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IPodAlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:29pm
Great job!  I was all about the dome room and it came in handy during cool weather but in the summer, I like a more open feeling and may at some point in the future tackle something like this.  Anyway, your wife rocks!
2010 Rp 171
Towed with 2011 Ford Expedition
Co-pilots: Abby & Brownie
"No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Anon
pod people View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pod people Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:00pm
The awning looks great!!  I would love to know more details-particularly the size and shapes of the tarps.  it looks like the right end  is angled from the pole back to the front edge of the track.I assume the water drains toward the rear? 
great job
thanks
Vann
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by pjmingus pjmingus wrote:

My wife designed and made this awing for our 2012 177.
Patrick LeMmon
Prescott Valley AZ.

After reading many negative posts about the visor commercially available and the time it takes to erect the R-Domes, your wife should go into business selling her awnings.  Very nice

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
21grandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 21grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pjmingus pjmingus wrote:

I think many of us would appreciate a detailed desription on how to make this. I know I would.
My wife designed and made this awing for our 2012 177. Tried it out 2 weeks ago,
on the Mogollon Rim AZ. Monsoon storms lots of rain, held up great, pretty simple design.
Uses the track. I can give a detailed discription if someone wants to tackle it.

Patrick LeMmon
Prescott Valley AZ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic