r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anode Replacement ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:08am
I would assume that as long as you don't have the feeling of sand between your teeth, all is ok.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
bhamster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:25am
I never thought about that before... so I looked it up:

Water used from the water heater is most commonly used for cooking and clean-up, not for drinking water or consumption. The amount of the mineral content dissolved from an anode rod in your water is greatly diluted and normally falls below acceptable allowable levels found in water. Some of these dissolved minerals, like magnesium, in your hot water system can be advantageous for most people to drink, should the hot water be used for consumption. However, if you are concerned about other dissolved elements in your water, then we suggest you get your water tested by a qualified laboratory or not use your hot water for drinking water

Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:38am
Wow.  Never thought about that.  I'll bet a lot of people will be surprised.  Thanks for checking.  Will  you be able to attend our roundup in Seaside, OR this Sept. 14-17?  Love to have you join our group.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:28pm
Even a home water heater in a house has an anode rod. These can be checked/changed also. I believe they are also magnesium.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

OK, so the sacrificial anode gives it's life to save your tank, all well and good. But what's that water in which the magnesium or aluminum has dissolved doing to your insides if you ingest it?

-- Steve

Magnesium can be good for you aluminum can be toxic but the body is able to eliminate it, if ingested, with little effect. The exception are people with compromised kidney function. Many antacids contain aluminum salts. Got to love Google Smile
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic