r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shame Shame Forest River

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 7:43am
Agreed with the majority here.  I'll be the 1st to flame FR when deserved, but in this case, you have a dealer issue, not a FR issue.  Find another dealer.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:32am
Just had my lights put on, NO money out of my Pocket and this was the first one they did.  My dealer is in Corpus Christi.  They sale quite a few Pods there  (although I don't here the new owners on the Forum).  I know it's a long trip, and not suggesting you come all they way here just find another dealer.  All dealers are not alike, there's a dealer in my town that I would send an enemy to. (or maybe I would  LOL).

Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Fuzzysproket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzysproket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 8:28am
This is a dealer problem, find another one. I brought mine to my dealer and it was the first one they had to do so they knew it was going to be a learning curve. All they asked of me was could I leave it so they wouldn't have me standing around waiting for it in case they hit a snag. No mention of any extra costs, it's a recall / warranty issues the dealer just like a car, appliance, etc dealer takes this risk on as a "dealer" . I would report them to Forest River if they have a problem with the time or materials supplied that's between them and FR (which you did). I wonder if they would give FR back money if it only took 1.5 hours to install hmmmmm.

BTW because my dealer treats me right I ended up spending $100 plus dollars in their store (stuff i could have bough cheaper online) because i want to support them. Just saying :-)

Tom & Cindy
2010 174 RPod
2013 Ford F250
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 8:59am
Everything worked out fine as far as no out of pocket expense for me.  But I did have to go a few rounds with the dealer wanting to make me pay.  Susan at Forest River had to get involved and straighten things out with the dealer.  He ran over the time Forest River alloted for the recall work (Hummm!  I figured that!), but Forest River picked up the tab. 
The problem was with the dealer and not Forest River!   The work done looks good, but they had the pod for two weeks.  Had it parked in a field behind their dealership and it filled up with these little bugs - like gnats!  Then they asked if we had been camping in Canada and picked up some bugs.  I said,  "WHAT BUGS?????  And no - we haven't been to Canada!"   At any rate, we have the pod back and are planning a trip up the Natchez Trace Parkway soon.
Thanks to everyone for the advice!  Podders are GREAT!! 
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:18am
Glad it worked out for you.

We did part of The Trace last year, loved it, we had ridden most of it on a bicycle years ago, and enjoyed that. The campground at Meriweather Lewis is perfect for a Pod.. and Howenwald is neat, if you miss Germany like I do. Of course those are near the northern end.. don't know how far up you will go.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:41am
My thought is that you owe Forest River an apology.  After they became involved, they solved your problem quickly and to your satisfaction.  They aren't perfect, but who is?  When contacted they did everything they could to fix the problem.  My thought would be to announce to all who view the forums who the offending dealer is and maybe that will alter our buying decisions in future.  Safe Travels. 
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 4:22pm
Dealer is not where I bought the pod.  I no longer live in that area.  This dealer does not carry R-Pods.

DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 4:33pm
Furpod,
Since we live about 60 miles from Natchez, Mississippi,  we plan to start on the Natchez end and go north to the terminus, camping along the way.  Thanks for the info on the campgrounds.  Do you remember if the campgounds have hookups?
I think we will wait a few weeks for the leaves to change more.
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 12:21am
It looks like Forest River invented a new kind of holesaw.

You wont see it if you dont take of the marker lights.
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by DixiePod DixiePod wrote:

Furpod,
Since we live about 60 miles from Natchez, Mississippi,  we plan to start on the Natchez end and go north to the terminus, camping along the way.  Thanks for the info on the campgrounds.  Do you remember if the campgounds have hookups?
I think we will wait a few weeks for the leaves to change more.

Nope, no hook-ups. There was water at central spigots and bathrooms. Just a great little campground.. (and free) no reservations.. first come first served.. not crowded when we checked it out, which was on Memorial Day weekend last year.

We were camped at the Thousand Trails campground a couple miles away. It is very nice, and I *think* they are one of the TT's that will accept reservations from non-members. 

EDIT: Here is a linky to a review..  Campground.

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic