r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shame Shame Forest River

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shame Shame Forest River
    Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 10:49am
Podders,

I am so upset with Forest River!  I just got off the phone with my local Forest River dealer concerning the labor for the recall lighting issue. He was told by Forest River that they would send him the lighting kit but would only pay for 3 hours of the labor involved in installing the new lights.  I would be responsible for any labor costs over the 3 hours paid for by Forest River - at that is at $85/hour!

Has anyone else encountered this problem with labor costs?  I am on the phone to Forest River as we speak!

NOT happy about this . . . .!
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:37am
My dealer estimated that a installation should not take more than 2 1/2 hours.  After installing several units...my recall install took slightly less than that.  If your dealer cannot do it for the max three hours...go to another dealer...you need it done by an expert not an amateur!
tsunami
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:51am
Well said.  I think, overall, Forest River does a pretty good job.  They have had a learning curve on the Rpods, since it's unlike almost anything else on the market.  But when pushed, they have done the right thing.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:27pm
Thanks for info!
Dealer also said any materials needed beyond what Forest River included in the kit will be charged to me as well!
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:42pm
I think you have a dealer problem.

You know, you do not have to take your rpod to a dealer to get this work done. You can get it done at any RV shop of your choice. That's what I did and they did it in 3 hours. So, try one of your local RV shops or a Camping World, maybe, if you're close to one.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:48pm
Thanks, Steve!  

I am wondering about the dealer myself!   I am going to make some more phone calls and see if another RV dealer in town can do it, although they would not be the local Forest River dealer. 

I actually bought the pod in another city when I lived there, which is about 125 miles away. 
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 6:37pm
I had a Jeep, under warranty, in to the selling dealer for a problem.  After six shop hours they still hadn't fixed it.  I contacted another dealer...they found and fixed the problem in less than 1/2 hour!
Some repair shops love to extend the shop hours to max out your credit card.
tsunami
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 8:52pm
You need a different dealer or deal with a competent manager...just my $0.02.

X
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by DixiePod DixiePod wrote:

Podders,

I am so upset with Forest River!  I just got off the phone with my local Forest River dealer concerning the labor for the recall lighting issue. He was told by Forest River that they would send him the lighting kit but would only pay for 3 hours of the labor involved in installing the new lights.  I would be responsible for any labor costs over the 3 hours paid for by Forest River - at that is at $85/hour!

Has anyone else encountered this problem with labor costs?  I am on the phone to Forest River as we speak!

NOT happy about this . . . .!
Your problem is the dealer NOT forest river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R Pod 171
Jeep Liberty
Desert Dwellers
Barb and Joe
sfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 10:43pm
That dealer won't be there long.He is greedy. The dealer that did my recall was as nice and helpful and exceeded my expectations. There was never any talk about additional charges and they even helped me hook up the pod when I went to pick it up. Find a new dealer and pass on the old one. Steve
sjf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic