r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great job Forest River!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great job Forest River!
    Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:36pm

We’ve been having problems with our microwave, no doubt caused when we hit a big bump several trips ago and the turntable stopped working. We just remounted it and chalked that up to bad luck. But this trip we noticed that some of the plastic on the door had melted. So we contacted Susan at Forest River and asked if we could come by on our way home from our trip to purchase a new one. She indicated that they would do the install and for this we were very grateful.

What an experience our visit to the factory was! All I could think of was those pit stops in car races. Susan came out to talk to us and a bunch of guys ran up to the pod. Two went in to install the microwave oven. They did a beautiful job of it and even vacuumed up afterward. Probably left our pod cleaner than they found it. Other guys ran all over around the outside of the pod, inspecting this and re-caulking that. I don’t even know what all they did, but I’m sure our pod is better for it. Then a guy came over and handed Herb a box of caulk tubes and told him which should be used for which application. We expected to pay for the microwave but Susan said she would send it back to the manufacturer and have it covered under warranty. The whole process took less than an hour and left us breathless. I’ve never experienced such wonderful customer service before.

Thank you to Susan and your team.

Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 7:33pm
Outstanding.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 3:34am
I just knew they are a Standup Company, in spite of some who think otherwise.  Any changed minds?  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 2:03pm
Another +1 to Susan and the FR folks!
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Camper Bob Camper Bob wrote:

I just knew they are a Standup Company, in spite of some who think otherwise.  Any changed minds?  Safe Travels.

I guess I'm one of the some to whom you make reference.  I'll admit, that over the last year or so, I've heard more "good news" stories about FR than in the past, however you can't discount those like me who have proven issues with the company and the camper that have put a bad taste in our mouths.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Little Sweet Pea Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Sweet Pea Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 12:45am
Please share info on caulk tubes.  
HerbL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HerbL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:02am
They gave us two types of caulk:
TremPro 644 for the seams
ALPHA high solids self leveling sealant for the AC, Fantastic Fan, etc.

As PeggL stated, we were very pleased with Susan's great service and attitude.

When we first got our Pod, in 2010, I bumped a gas pump barrier and bent the axle (100% my fault). We were far from home and needed help quickly. We contacted Susan who had to have an axle constructed since they had just changed suppliers and did not have the correct one in stock. She got the work done quickly and shipped it to us at their cost (we paid the delivery cost).

Our experience with Forest River (Susan) and with Couchs RV who installed our spoiler & lights has always been extremely positive.
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:25pm
I've been telling ya'll how great they are! Sign up for the FROG Rally in Goshen next August as soon as it gets posted and see Forest River in action. You will also be impressed!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

I've been telling ya'll how great they are! Sign up for the FROG Rally in Goshen next August as soon as it gets posted and see Forest River in action. You will also be impressed!

Carrie and I have already booked that week off.  Soon as FROG posts it we are booking Tink!!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:16pm
@Kymooses. Would you please alert us when they post the FROG rally?
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic