r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 North Carolina r-pod and friends Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 North Carolina r-pod and friends Rally
    Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:10pm
Ok, everyone.  I will become an un-official un-leader, for a Rally in North Carolina in 2013.  I know from the Kentucky rally this past summer, there seemed to be a lot of interest in having a rally in NC this summer.   

Well here's what I worked out.  The location will be Raccoon Holler Campground in Glendale Springs, NC.  Dates are June 12-16, 2013.  (That's the dates we will be there.)  The campground's website is www.raccoonholler.com .  We just got back from camping there this weekend for a second trip.  The first time was the 2012 Blue Ridge T@B and Friends Rally.  This is a nice private campground.  It does have seasonals, but they don't get going until July.  The sites  have elect/water, cable hook-up.  

This area of the NC mountains is more remote, but we are about 15 miles from Jefferson/West Jefferson, NC where this is all sorts of stuff, including a Walmart.  We are also about 20 miles from N. Wilkesboro, NC, where there is all kinds of stuff also.  (Stuff is a technical term isn't it?)

The campground is about 500 yards from the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Which is amazing in itself.  Boone, Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain are all easy day trips.  You can google all of these areas to find out everything you want to know.  If you have any questions that maybe I can help you with either PM me here, or email me at: rgr3nc@gmail.com.

Now this is important.  DO NOT CALL for reservations until AFTER April 20, 2013.  That's when they are back in the office.  BE SURE to tell them you are with the r-pod rally.  You can get their contact info, rates for the 2012 season, etc on the website.  

Finally, if anyone want's driving directions to this campground, ask TINK for the roads NOT to  use.  Thanks, Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:17pm
Yeah!!  Thanks, Rob. I will make my reservations as soon as they are back in the office. I really liked where I was last spring so I'm gonna try to get that space. It's an awesome campground. 

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:15am
Speaking of the "roads" how are they around there?  Back here in Kentucky I would not want to drive our Pod near or around a Holler.  So some area road reports would be great!
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:51am
Hey Travis,  the roads in the area run the gambit from four lane highways, to single lane dirt roads.  Depending on your routing, you can get as close as 20 or so miles from the campground on a nice four-lane federal highway.  The roads to the campground are all paved, two lane roads with center lines painted and everything.  Now a word of caution, this is the mountains, so they can be curvy, so just take it easy and all will be fine.  Hope this helps.  Rob

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:49am
I imagine if I hit a single lane dirt road I'd figure it's time to drop the pod and just camp there!  Confused
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:01pm
@Rob. Thanks for taking on the rally. Would you please remind us again when it is time to reserve a spot? Unless something comes up, we will be there.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
Just a question all... Does anyone know if/when there is a rally north of 49 say in Ontario. For the present it doesn't look like we will make it down "south" to any rallys in the near furture. Apparently there was a gathering of pods at Murphy's Point Prov. park this year but I hadn't heard anything about it. Some friends of ours where there and saw about 10-15 pods there. I was sorry I had missed them, we were there about 2 weeks before that..
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by ron_whitt ron_whitt wrote:

Just a question all... Does anyone know if/when there is a rally north of 49 say in Ontario. For the present it doesn't look like we will make it down "south" to any rallys in the near furture. Apparently there was a gathering of pods at Murphy's Point Prov. park this year but I hadn't heard anything about it. Some friends of ours where there and saw about 10-15 pods there. I was sorry I had missed them, we were there about 2 weeks before that..

Well... the way it works is..

Someone becomes the un-leader, makes the decision.. and posts about it.

Say a mister "ron_whitt" has an idea of a park he likes, and thinks would make a good venue.. then he finds dates that will work for him (and others, they don't have to be set in stone right off the bat), then said un-leader promotes get together, makes a couple phone calls to said park to try to get a block of sights. easy-peasy.

Oh, and the un-leader has to make chilli. GOOD chilli. Wink (that's a new un-leader rule BTW)LOL

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by kymooses kymooses wrote:

Speaking of the "roads" how are they around there?  Back here in Kentucky I would not want to drive our Pod near or around a Holler.  So some area road reports would be great!

Don't worry.. "Big eX" can drag that Jeep and Pod over anything you need help with.. And even better if I go get "super eX" dad want's it out of his driveway I think..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 8:03pm
@Pepper, I will be sure to post a reminder when the reservation window opens Thumbs Up

@Ron, what furpod said Smile

@furpod, Chilli?  nothing in my un-leader agreement about chilli.  Besides here in NC we mostly put
                          chilli on hamburgers and hot dogs.  Bar-B-Que and Cheerwine is the thang!  Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic