r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 Privy Mirror (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 Privy Mirror (pics)
    Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 11:55am
My wife wanted a mirror for the outside of the shower door, but up until now hasn't seen one she deemed worthy. After being inspired on our last camping trip by some wall decor in a tourist shop, I drew up some quick sketches and made her one to suit. The backing is mahogany ply (luaun to you woodworkers), and the twigs and acorn caps came from the back yard. A local glass shop cut the mirror to suit.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 12:03pm
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 2:25pm
Looks great!  You should market them!

Terry
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:21pm
Really cute!  I want one!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:29pm
Just showed this to my wife, she's the artistic one in the family.  I think she's been inspired...
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:59am
Be sure to post a photo when she's done. I'd love to see what her inspiration results in.

Thanks to all for your kind comments. To others who may be inspired, I would recommend you use epoxy to hold everything together rather than hot glue like I did - I believe one tiny dot of that hot glue can be stretched thinner than a spider web and will extend clear across my basement. You absolutely cannot shake off any drips of melted glue that accidentally land on your hand. The burns are still healing.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic