r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Water Heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2PSNPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Water Heater
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 12:40pm
We've been out in our rpod 3 times and each time we go I am confused on the hot water heater and what to do when hooking it up....can someone please give me a run down on the correct way to do this...can it run on just electric or does it run both on electric and gas...this is probably something very basic but I just can't seem to understand it

Any input would be nice for this one confused chick.
JUJUNAPRIL
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:55pm
I am assuming that the water heater already has water in it. Don't turn on the AC switch if the heater is dry...you will instantly fry the electric heater rods.
1) turn on the LP tank valve.
2) Light one of the stove burners...this is assure that LP is running completely into the Pod
3) Locate the water heater on/off switch...usually located just below the kitchen sink. The on-indicator light should come on. Wait a few seconds and you should hear the gas ignite inside the water heater.
If there is air in the LP line to the heater, the heater may shut off and then restart after awhile.
4) If you have AC electrical service...open the water heater vent panel on the outside of the Pod. Look at the 'firewall' on the lower left side of the heater. There is a rocker on/off switch for the electric heating elements. Flip it to ON. The electric elements are complementary heating for the water heater. They will usually keep the water hot over night and help provide additional warm water.
5) WARNING...Make sure that the electric heater switch is flipped to OFF, when you drain the water heater. More than one owner has drained the water heater with the external AC power still connected and the electric still on and burned out the electric heating element.
tsunami
2PSNPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2PSNPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:32pm
We flush line to make sure there is water coming out of nozzle inside the hot water heater panel, then turn on hot water heater switch inside the pod (ours is located just inside the door), then I turn on the electric switch inside the hot water heater panel. Does this seem correct? Also, when during all this am I to turn on faucets inside pod to get the air out of the lines??

JUJUNAPRIL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic