r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

buying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote river rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buying
    Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:25pm
Has any body experinced any serious problems with the new 2012/13 hood river ed.177
getting real close to buying one but need honest input before i jump
in advance thanks
dog
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:26pm
99% of your troubles or non-troubles will concern your dealer. If they seem to have knowledge of your trailer while going through your run through, and are able to answer all your questions with no hesitation, you should be alright. I have just had a door issue dealt with by my dealer/FR and I can't say enough about how well I was treated. Check out warrenty section.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:41am
Agreed. The dealer is more important than anything else. I think the incidence of real "build quality" problems is fairly low.

The appliances are pretty much the same in all TT's so if Dometic (for instance) has a bad day.. doesn't matter what brand TT you have, but it does matter how well your dealer handles the problem. And appliances seem to be where most of the problems arise. In 3 years I have only heard of one or two actual structural problems, and FR has been all over them near as I can tell.

If you like the Pod, and think it will work for your family, no reason I can think of not to get one.

Well.. one. If you are intensely private, or an introvert. Because you WILL give tours. While setting up. While cooking. While eating. While reading. While at the dump station... And that was just on one outing. lol.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
river rat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote river rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:59am
OK. Thanks for the input as for the appliances i can relate as i was made on a Friday and havent been right sience.
Make it a great day.

Dog
dog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic