r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cover for winter, really needed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 12:26pm
We bought our 177 in the spring of 2010. We stored in in open storage with the pod cover for 1 winter in MN with temps down to 130 and in open storage w/o the cover for 12 months in FL with temps up in the mid-90's. We haven't experienced any problems with the decals peeling or any other problems. We did have to clean and wax the trailer after the 12 months of FL storage.

I wonder if the decal peeling problem some have experienced has more to do with how the decals were applied (surface prep, etc.) than how the trailers are stored.

I'm not sure if we'll go to the trouble of putting the cover on our trailer again since we now keep it in covered storage.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:51pm
I agree with CC, I bought the RPod cover from FR.

X
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 8:13pm
My second winter with the Northern Tool r-pod cover.  It's as good as new after a wet, cold MT winter.  Hard for one person to put on, as is the $400 model, but I had a favorable wind.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 8:37am
I'm one of those who was impacted by the front decals cracking and pealing.  They've since been replaced under warranty.  I've never covered my Pod, but don't believe that had anything to do with the decal issue.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic