r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pacific Northwest Roundup 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacific Northwest Roundup 2013
    Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:53am
After conferring with a senior Podder, I have tentativley scheduled a Roundup at Seaside Oregon for the dates of Aug.15-18th. We were there earlier in the year and had a great time. I picked an earlier date so that any families with school age children could still join us. Great campground, shaded sites, on grass. Near shopping and lots of things to see and do. Will have a potluck on Sat. nite. Come one, come all. The Campground is Circle Creek Rv Park. Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:19pm
Camper Bob,

Look forward to this great get together again.  The date has been circled on my todo list for 2013.
Hope to see more PODERS this coming year can't wait.

WWRBeer
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 3:19pm
I'm curious to know what a "senior podder" is. Is it just an old person who owns a pod or someone who has had his or her pod for more than a year?
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:40pm
An unequivacable YES.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
KLteamErickson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLteamErickson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:19pm
We will be there with rings on our fingers and bells on our toes, or something like that.  The earlier date is much better for us.  Can't wait to meet everyone this year.
Karl and Laura
2012 R Pod 172 (Bullwinkle)
2012 Dodge Ram
Out moosing around!
GrammyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:13pm
Hey, all -

So, I was so excited about a whole bunch of Pods in one place that I was going to make reservations for September .. . . . . . . 2012, that is.  August is great, and we'll be there! It's on the calendar. All we need to do is make our reservation for 2013.

Lucille is taking her first big trip from Bend to the mid-Willamette Valley on Friday. Snow is on the forecast, which is not cool. Well, it is, but not with a trailer. We don't particularly want to go home through Madras again like we did when we bought our T@B in Bend in December. It's a pattern. Next week we plan to do our first big camp-o-rama at the Oregon coast. Rain or shine. Doesn't matter. We have a Pod!

Sherrie, Mike and Lucille
'06 Toyota Tacoma TRD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:31pm
We will be at Cape Lookout near Tillamook starting this Thursday thru the weekend.  Have a full hookup and will be looking for the whales.  Come join us if you can.  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
GrammyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:49pm
We came home from Bend a day early. Doubt we'll camp until next week - much to do here. :-(. Thanks for the invite though. We like Cape Lookout. See you soon!
Mike and Sherrie
Native Oregonians
Luceil's her name
Toyota Tacoma TRD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 7:48am
Came home early from Cape Lookout.  Rain, wind, sleet, a typical weekend at the beach, but the dog hurt her back.  She has had back problems in the past as have I.  So, didn't want her to remain in pain.  Packed up in about 20 minutes and got her to the doc.  Vet says not a major problem.  A few pills and she is fine.  Had most of the discs removed from her back 4 years ago and now very sensitive to any back problems she may have.  Cape Lookout is amazing.  Right on the beach behind a large berm to block the wind.  Campground mostly empty except for a few other hardy souls looking at the storm surf.  A few tenters, who also experienced the weather.  Got down to mid thirties at night.  Opened a window about an inch at my head and cracked the bathroom vent to allow some of the condensation to escape.  Put the ceramic heater on very low and was as the proverb goes, "Snug as a bug, in a rug."  Once all the insulation and the foam is installed properly, these pods are easy to heat, in my experience.  Will now attempt to "Winterize" the pod next week.  Keep an eye on the board for updates for the Pacific Northwest 2013 Rpod get together in August of 2013. Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
KLteamErickson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLteamErickson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:47am
Sorry to hear about Gracie, I hope she has a speedy recovery.
We are at Dosewallips State Park, on Hood Canal with podder friends.  Yesterday a herd of about 36 elk came into the campground.  Ranger said it was about a third of the local herd.  Beautiful sunny day, but freezing at night.
Karl and Laura
2012 R Pod 172 (Bullwinkle)
2012 Dodge Ram
Out moosing around!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic