r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 NE Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 NE Roundup
    Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:33am
Again we start taking ideas for the 2013 NE Roundup scheduled for sometime between May to October 2013 Smile 

Our suggstions include:
Quechee VT
Lake George NY
Cape Cod, MA
Bar Harbor, ME
Portland/Boothbay ME 

* These roundups are open to anyone on both forums and the reason that there is a mixture of links (hope this is ok with the Mods) is that some of the earlier events were a bit last-minute and didn't get posted here. (But will be in the future)

The following 2 posts (posts #2 and #3) will be reserved for future easy reference on where & when we decide, who's attending and links to other Roundup relevant info such as activities & restaurants.

A facebook event will be created as we get closer to the date for crossposting.
2009 r.pod 152

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:33am
Space reserved for the Summary for the NorthEast 2013 Roundup. 

DATE:

CAMPGROUND INFO

ATTENDEES

* indicates event organizers
- indicates rpodnation attendees

Additional Notes:

1) I will update this list as more sign up. If you are not on the list after you have confirmed your reservation with the campground and it's been 2 days since you have posted your site # in this thread, please PM me your Site # so I can add you to the list.  

facebook event:
If you would like to be sent a facebook invite, join the r.pod facebook group as I will be sending out the details as an event invite as we get closer to the date.

See you all there!
2009 r.pod 152

ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:34am
Reserved
2009 r.pod 152

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 11:35am
My vote would be for the Boothbay region. I could propose a campground: http://www.shorehills.com/index.html
The traffic on the cape can be daunting in the summer months. Bar Harbor is quite a jaunt for most people. (At our pace it would take us two days to get there.) The rest of the areas would be fine though.

The issue for us is timing. We usually take off sometime in April and May. And then we are planning to attend the FROG Rally in Indiana in August. From there we'll head off wherever the wind blows us. So June or July would be best for us.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:13pm
You guys have fun! We'll join in '14 when I get back from my Afghanistan vacation...LOL

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:40pm
@Kenn. Thank you for your service. Our son was based at Salerno in 2009-2010. Stay safe.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:13am
ME campgrounds are supposed to be thick with blackflies early summer.  So if the final decision is made for ME, I would suggest late July thru October with August being the best month.

As for Cape Cod, we usually like it from after Labour Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend.  Most of the shops, restaurants and business are still open (only the extremely touristy ones are closed) and the weather and water is still warm on the east side.  June is ok too as the kids are still in school, but the water hasn't warmed up yet for beach go-ers.

We do Quechee VT every year for the Harpoon Oktoberfest and make it an extra long weekend by adding days before or after so we have plenty of time for hiking.

2009 r.pod 152

ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:52am
For those that are interested in winter camping or have a serious case of year round r.poditis, the 2012-2013 Annual NE Winter Camp is being planned here.   The Winter Camp event is open to all that would like to freeze their pods off.  Big smile

2009 r.pod 152

ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:37am
It's dewinterizing time up here in the NE and we were wondering if anyone is still interested in a 2013 NE Roundup?
2009 r.pod 152

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm
When and where? We have a lot of our plans carved in stone at this point but would love to get together with others from the northeast.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic