r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - possible new floor plan? - slide out with dinette
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

possible new floor plan? - slide out with dinette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: possible new floor plan? - slide out with dinette
    Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:29pm
Hi,

We are getting very close to purchasing an R-pod and will probably get the 171 because we like the queen bed and dinette (like many seem to) but we also like the space the slide out gives in the 174/175. Here's a thought for a new model - the 176, I suppose. How about switching the couch for a dinette?
If anyone has heard of this being considered we'll hold off until its available.

Cheers,

Phil
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 8:59pm

The slide out is so small- giving only a few inches of extra room. While it sold us enough to buy it, I can't imagine putting the dinnette in the middle of the unit as I think it would take up too much space.

I guess that is why there are so many floor plan options- to match different camping lifestyles. We couldn't imagine having a full time bed because our dog would jump in right from the dirt or mud to the bed- instead we cover the couch and he will come in from a hike and jump right up on the couch. Just works for us.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:17pm
The idea is something to think about.  Most of the time I will be camping by myself because the Pod is for when I go trail riding in the Jeep.  If I took the couch out, installed a table back to the windows I would have plenty of room.  Hmmm, just might work!Clap

Terry
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 4:34pm
With the dinette it would give more storage under the benches.  Now that would have been something for us to have  thought about.  The lack of storage was our concern and that is why we went with the 172.  We have storage under the dinette AND under the bunk.  Lots of storage.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:42pm
I think I am going to take my couch out of the slide-out and attach my table back by the windows.  then get a couple of good cushioned fold up chairs for it.  I don't need the extra bed the couch affords but I do need the table.  To set the table up in front of the couch gets things to cramped.

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic