r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New Purchase/Lots of Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campingincomfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 6:56pm
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a cover for the 182G?
Cheers,

Ray
GaRedneck81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaRedneck81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 10:15pm
I replaced the run/start capaciter on my R172 a/c unit and the Honda EU2000i runs it just fine. Caution-don't turn anything else on or you will overload the generator. Explain what you need to the parts guy at the HVAC supply house and he will hook you up with the right part. Total cost of the "Hard start kit" or in laymans terms-run/start capacitor= $ 19.95,  Cost of a new Honda 3500=$2100, cost of a/c in Georgia in July-priceless
GaRedneck81
U.S.Navy-Retired
Heavy Chevy 5.7 liter
RP-172
Kennesaw, Ga.
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:03pm
I mostly camp away from plug-in electricity, and so rarely use my AC .... but when I do find a 30 amp plug-in during the summer, particularly in the Upper Midwest and the Utah desert, I make use of the AC and am grateful for having it.  It will run off my generator ... but I don't like to run the Honda if I am in a campground except to recharge the batteries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic