r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sewer hose storage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wyexplorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sewer hose storage
    Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:35pm
As I said above its a 5" vinyl fence post with a vinyl gutter as a hose tray.  Drilled some holes for drainage and used 5" vinyl fence post caps for the covers.  One end is glued on and the other is a snug fir with bungee just in case.  Attached to the trailer frame in front of the wheels and step.

Wyexplorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 12:25am
I used a piece of 5X5" vinyl fence post with a vinyl gutter inside of it like a drawer to hold the hose. I will attempt to get some pictures up if I can change their size. I got this idea from another RV forum. I've had it on most of the summer and it's been working fine and seems to blend in pretty well so most folks think it came that way.
anchor out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchor out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:33pm
You can't use a coupler because the tubes don't match up in diamater. If you don't split the PVC it won't fit either inside or outside the original tubes. You sound like great folks, but may we never be behind you in a caravan. "If you ain't the lead dog ..." type of thing.

Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:33am
Excellent idea....I like it!
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

We gave up dealing with the hose. We just wait until we are out on the interstate and open the valve then head out..

That is why kymooses don't want to caravan with us.. LOL..

Great idea for lengthening the holder. We actually as of yet have not had trouble with the one that came on the pod, but we just use the 10' hose.. Why did you split the PVC? Can a coupler be used?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:28pm
We gave up dealing with the hose. We just wait until we are out on the interstate and open the valve then head out..

That is why kymooses don't want to caravan with us.. LOL..

Great idea for lengthening the holder. We actually as of yet have not had trouble with the one that came on the pod, but we just use the 10' hose.. Why did you split the PVC? Can a coupler be used?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:12am
That was a wonderful solution to the problem.  Well done and smart thinking.

That is the first mod a lot of us do is to replace that silly little thing.

Also this forum link should help you out a bit with picture posting.

anchor out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchor out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
As most know by now, the sewer hose storage tube under the tongue is to short to be of use. Other members have replaced theirs with a longer unit purchased from the same manuf. as the short unit, and mounting it under the main chassis. The cost of $30.00 seems fair, BUT the $30.00 S&H charge made the whole idea expensive. I unbolted the short unit from the tongue, sawed it in two, and used self tapping metal screws to remount the ends across the chassis right in front of the steps, after first inserting and gluing them inside 4 inch dia. thin wall PVC tubing cut to length and split end to end down the top side. Cost about $10.00, Looks and works great.

I would include a pic but haven' figured out how?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic