r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WESTON BEND CENTRAL MIDWEST LABOR DAY MINI RALLY 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WESTON BEND CENTRAL MIDWEST LABOR DAY MINI RALLY 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctomdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WESTON BEND CENTRAL MIDWEST LABOR DAY MINI RALLY 3
    Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 6:13pm
For the past 2 years, several Central Midwest (MO, AR, IA, KS, NE) R-podders have met up for the Labor Day Weekend at Weston Bend State Park, just north of Kansas City, MO, just off I-29 a few miles, near Weston, MO. This is a lovely state park (biking, hiking, birding), less that a mile from a nifty town with lots of great restaurants, pubs, and interesting shops. The park is less than an hour from almost all the attractions of Kansas City, and there is always lots going on over the holiday. (See previous posts in this forum from last year for a list of the many possibilities.) Sites have electricity, water and a dump station are available at the entrance to the campground.

RESERVATIONS ARE OPEN AT:  http://mostateparks.com/   8/30-9/2/2013

We are in Site 11, pretty much all the sites are nice and wooded. I hope there will be others who join us. Last year we shared several meals (not mandatory, of course) and it was great fun to meet everyone. If there are others interested, post here or in the other forum or on the facebook page. We can send more information as time approaches.
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 5:03pm
Doc Tom, 
we just returned from Weston Bend,spending Monday thru Friday and loving the relaxing atmosphere . We also reserved the Labor Day weekend there @ site 6. Lots of shade there. I was told that these sites are filling fast. There are 10 sites left as of today, 6/21. Hurry all R-podders, and we will see you there!
I'd rather be Podding. :)
doctomdds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctomdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 5:13pm
I've stayed in #6 before, nice shade most of the day! We will be in site 11, just around the curve from you. It is a nice relaxing park. While there are lots of things to do close by, from shopping and winery's, to pro sports, most of the time we just hang around the park, occasionally ride our bikes into Weston, or walk on the lovely wooded trails. According to responses on the other forum and on the R-pod Facebook page I think there are 4 or 5 other pod spots reserved. See you then.

Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:26pm
Doc Tom, this is Ron. Will there be any delicious KC barbecue at Weston Rally #3 ? I am asking for a close friend (me).   :  )

doctomdds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctomdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:57pm
I've been thinking about that, it is possible, but no promises yet! It does sound good!
Vallgrlx2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vallgrlx2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 6:34pm
DR Tom and Miss Tina

Thanks for the Weston Bend info and site number, and for your efforts in organizing this. Let's plan on bringing games to play and having potluck.Smile

We took the RPod out this past week to Ponca State Park, 20 minutes west of Sioux City, Iowa. Beautiful countryside, lots of shad and friendly people. 

The Conways
Omaha, NE
2012 Toyota Highlander
2012 R177 RPod
Two Scotties

OurPod
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 7:45pm
Vallgrlx2, we plan to be your neighbors this Labor Day!  We reserved number 6. Remember last year when most of us piled into the r-dome plus the easy-up to escape the rain? What a fun time. Looking forward to another fun holiday. 

See you soon. 
doctomdds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctomdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:00pm
I am certain this year we will have no rain, and it will be no hotter than 82 with low humidity also! It is hard to believe it is July 3rd in KCMO and the temp is in the upper 60's. We just got back from a stroll with the puppy and were wearing light jackets and hats. What an interesting year!

We always have a scrabble board, boggle and bananagrams along. Potluck is always fun!
doctomdds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctomdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 8:55am
We are up to 7 confirmed podders over Labor Day. That is almost 20% of the park!
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 9:28am
Ha ha!  Last time we were there (June), one of the park hosts mentioned that Weston was seeing more and more of "those" (r-pod trailers) at the campground.  Labor Day will seem like an invasion!  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic