r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zjf3jps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjf3jps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed
    Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:45pm
Tks.
2014 RPod 178
Toyota Tacoma
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:08am
So far, every time this "problem" of the a/c fan coming on with the heater has surfaced.. it was the thermostat fan control not set to auto was the problem.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by zjf3jps zjf3jps wrote:

I also have to take it in again, because when I turned on the heat last weekend, the air conditioner came on, which never happened before.

This happened to our pod this weekend, is there a fix for this? What did forest river say?

If you just mean the AC fan came on along with your heat  you usually just have to cycle the fan setting to AU or Auto.

zjf3jps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjf3jps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 7:58pm
I also have to take it in again, because when I turned on the heat last weekend, the air conditioner came on, which never happened before.

This happened to our pod this weekend, is there a fix for this? What did forest river say?
2014 RPod 178
Toyota Tacoma
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:54pm
Steve

I think this might be it:

I've looked at them and had though about getting one for other uses. It hadn't occurred to me to use it to check brake temperature but that's a great idea.

-- Steve
[/QUOTE]

Yep that's the one I borrowed, and thanks Steve for finding it...Off to HF (if I'm in town tomorrow)..since it's on sale.  (Bad thing about HF..you always spend what you saved on something else..LOL)  
Glad things worked out for you...ya know I bet the service guy probably didn't call the right people at all.   Money out the window and lesson learned and yes I agree Forest River as always done right by me too.

LeeStar

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 11:58am
Never underestimate Forest River. 

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:46pm
Hey, Steve, thanks.  I just happen to have one of those in my toolbox.  Don't use it much; in fact, I can't remember why I bought it, but now I am glad I did.  It helps win (or lose) the arguments that I have with my wife regarding the floor temperature during the winter.  Now, I have a more substantial application for it.  I always thought it operate as a laser, but I guess it's infrared. 
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 5:22pm
You're welcome. Glad everything worked out OK for you.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
vics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 4:31pm
I love the idea of the heat sensor...thanks Podterfly!  I just heard back from Amber Wilson at Forest River, and after she talked with Jim Miller at Dexter they agreed to reimburse us fully for the brakes...I can't believe it!!!  I'm so happy, I can't tell you.  They made it clear it was a goodwill gesture and had nothing to do with the warranty.  They also had some other advice we'll take (have the wiring checked, go over the settings with the dealer...again, and to have the dealer check the brake controller to make sure it's working properly).  To Dexter's credit, they had already offered us a goodwill reimbursement of half the cost of the brakes, but now it looks like Forest River is stepping up to the plate as well.  That speaks volumes to their customer service.  Steve - thanks again for the referral!
"Ken, Vicki, and Jillie-dog"
2012 RPod 177
2011 Chevy Silverado
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by headcold headcold wrote:

I guess, by naming our local dealer, I might have violated some rule of which I was not aware.  Sorry again.  I am interested in learning more about the heat sensor from Harbor Freight that you mentioned.  I looked at their website and couldn't find what I imagined might be of use in monitoring the heat produced by braking.  Could you give me some help in this regard?

I think this might be it:

I've looked at them and had though about getting one for other uses. It hadn't occurred to me to use it to check brake temperature but that's a great idea.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic