r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Window leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TervyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window leak
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:18pm
Anyone have a leaking window problem?  Pass. side window leaks when driving in rain.  Does not leak while parked. The seat cussions were soaked all the way to the back corner after only an hour on the road.  While inspecting the problem, I noticed the sliding glass window is installed upside down. 
2013 RP172
Jennifer and John
2013 HRE 172
2010 Highlander
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:57pm
UGH!  Thats a new one!  Hopefully something that is covered under the warranty.
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by TervyMom TervyMom wrote:

Anyone have a leaking window problem?  Pass. side window leaks when driving in rain.  Does not leak while parked. The seat cussions were soaked all the way to the back corner after only an hour on the road.  While inspecting the problem, I noticed the sliding glass window is installed upside down. 
2013 RP172

Wow! Upside down? Seriously?

A call to your dealer is in order. Let us know what they tell you.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 5:18am

Probably installed by the same guy at the factory that installed all my windows, which all had to be replaced under warranty.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

TervyMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TervyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 6:23pm
Its under warranty until August but I don't want to drive 250 miles to the dealer.  I'm thinkin I might try Forest River and see if they will let me use a local shop.
Jennifer and John
2013 HRE 172
2010 Highlander
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by TervyMom TervyMom wrote:

Its under warranty until August but I don't want to drive 250 miles to the dealer.  I'm thinkin I might try Forest River and see if they will let me use a local shop.

Yes, give them a call. I bet they will do that for you. They let me take my rpod to a local non-FR shop to get my recall done.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 7:24am
Here is Susan Thornberg's contact info at Forest River.  She handles warranty issues.   She is a legend among podders!  I'm sure they will let a dealer in your area handle the warranty work. 
They let me do some warranty work locally instead of taking mine over 100 miles to where I had purchased it. 

Susan Thornberg
Phone 574-642-3119 ext 205
E-mail sthornberg@forestriverinc.com
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
TervyMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TervyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 1:39pm
The more local FR dealer gave it his best shot at fixing the window leak.  Unfortunately he could not make the window leak.  The did re caulk the seal.  We shall see....
Jennifer and John
2013 HRE 172
2010 Highlander
Michigan Nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 1:49pm
Hi, did you figure your problem out?  We just bought a 2013 R-pod 178 and your problem sounds very similar to ours.  Parked the windows don't leak, but driving in the rain all but the rear, and the small one in the slid section leaked, soaking our cushions and ends of the mattress.  The dealer did their spay test and couldn't find the problem.  They pretty much said there is nothing they can do.
Michigan Nut Photography
TervyMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TervyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 3:11pm
Hi.  The dealer we took it too said the same thing.  He couldn't find a leak either. I was happy with their attitude and service so I took them at their word.  They did add a bead of caulk anyway.  The caulking job was not even noticeable and I was happy with that.  There seem to be no moisture problems whatsoever (smell, mold,etc.) Have not driven in rain since though. I will post results next time I drive in the rain....probably wont be long since we have Seattle weather here.  Good luck and enjoy your Pod.  Trailer camping is new to us. The longer w e have ours, the more we enjoy it.
Jennifer and John
2013 HRE 172
2010 Highlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic