r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'll show you mine if you show me yours
    Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 12:40pm
I'd like to ask a favor of you all...

I doubt we'll ever be able to attend a round up, and I've never been inside another rPod except those for sale at our dealer. I've never even seen another rPod out at a campsite. Although there are cool pics of modifications for the individual fixes for hose containers, storage solutions, outlet placement, etc. posted here, I haven't really seen a thread showing what everyone's pod looks like inside as a whole.

I'd LOVE to see how you decorated and personalized the inside of your pod, the things you keep out, how you use the space, etc. I'm thinking of something like a virtual tour of homes...rPod style.

Perhaps it would be something you can easily get as you are all de-winterizing and getting your pods ready for spring/summer outings - just take a pic from each end of the inside of your pod and post it here.

Though I've got a mod thread posted that shows most of my pod, I'll post 2 end-to-end photos of our pod in use tonight to get the ball rolling.

I know what a creative group you all are, and I look forward to seeing your spaces! Cool
Lighting a candle, not cursing the darkness
"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
TV: 2010 F150
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:08pm
That's an excellent idea! Mine is going to have to wait another week or so. We pulled our pod into the driveway two days before a big snowstorm in February and didn't bother doing any cleanup. Now we're planning to go out again. So the pod is a big mass of undressed mattresses and pillows.

You may need more than two pictures to get the whole picture. (We've done stuff to our bathroom Confused and in the kitchen area.)

Let me tell you how hard it is to get together with other podders in Texas. Two years ago we posted on this message board that we were going to be in Texas and a couple of weeks later ended up camping with three other pods. The Texans are a very sociable bunch.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:07am
PeggyL you are right. If there are other angles than just front-to-back that show something, then please do include it. You'll see below that I did to show the different configurations of the bed/sofa.

So, here's some pics to get a good feel of the inside of my pod:

#1 Stepping inside (couch is in "boy bed" configuration)

#2 Looking left toward the back and the master bed (dogs running amok)

#3: Sitting on the master bed looking toward the front (boy bed now a sofa)

"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 2:13pm
As promised.
The bed area:
Put new curtains on but want to replace them. Bought three striped quilts. Plan to put one on each bed and replace valances with quilt material. Want to make new "easy off and on" curtain for back window. Had thought metal bars on wall and magnets sewn into quilt panel, but the magnets would cost a small fortune. Anyone have any ideas? Notice how using a full size mattress allows the blankets to drop on the sides?

Dinette:
Postcards are a whole lot harder to find than you would think. They are in plastic sleeves and held on the wall with Command strips. Left table down and put twin size mattress on it. Gives us a place to sit while watching television, gives Herb a place to hang out after I go to bed at night and makes a comfy dog bed. Underneath is storage and dog toys and bowls.

Kitchen:
Mirror over sink. (Only the models with slides have a window there.) Television mounted under cabinet for easy viewing from dinette. My husband made the divider for all those things that used to clutter the countertop. I was able to specify exact dimensions - "wide enough to hold DVDs". Here's a picture I took while he was making it:

Bathroom:
(I can see I need to wash the mirrors.) I got a set of 7 mirrors from Target and mounted them using the Command velcro fasteners. They do a nice job of reflecting light around in the bathroom. The shelf is a cheapy from Wal-Mart. The TP stays up there remarkably well when we're traveling, and it's a handy place to put the soap when we take showers.

CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:44am
I love your space Peggy! Lots of great ideas, and your dog is a cutie!

I bet your mirror back splash catches the light reflected from the door when it's open and almost acts like another window by letting the light bounce around...and also is a great visual extender.

Your postcard idea is fantastic - I'm guessing that's all the places you've taken the Pod? Your husband did a great job on the wooden organizer, and I laughed at your "exact measurements" for him to work from.

I wish I had a kitchen sink faucet like yours. Mine is the original giant U-shape one that makes it challenging to wash a large pan. I may put installing a new one on my Honey-Do list. Big smile

Thanks for the post!
"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 12:32pm
I'm a big fan of mirrors. They are great for bouncing light around.

Actually with the divider I laid out everything we would be keeping in it and decided how much space would be needed for each set of items and gave him those dimensions. I drew it out on a big sheet of paper and he worked off that.

Our faucet is the original. I never noticed before that they're different. I wonder why they changed them? Washing pans is difficult with this one too. I'd love to be able to replace the whole sink with something bigger. But then I remind myself that just a few years ago we were tent campers, so the idea of having a sink at all is a luxury.

I stop in at gift stores and drug stores whenever we're traveling looking for postcards. They're not that easy to find. Oddly I can't even find one from our home state of Connecticut.

anchorout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchorout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:14pm
Very nicely done.  A lot of thought went into your mods.  Love the post card idea.
Retired: Been there. Done that. Can't remember. And loving every minute.

"TOAD ALONG"

177 pod   F150 v6 tow C-Dory 22 boat
anchorout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchorout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:18pm
This is a great idea.  I am going on a one week trip but will post a pod tour when I return.  We have done many upgrades and would like to share them with other Podders.
Retired: Been there. Done that. Can't remember. And loving every minute.

"TOAD ALONG"

177 pod   F150 v6 tow C-Dory 22 boat
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 6:36am
I look forward to seeing your pictures anchorout. I never get tired of seeing pictures of the outsides of pods but I really love seeing what people have done to the insides. There are so many clever podders and I get a lot of ideas from others.

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:33pm
I think I have found a mattress to fit over the dinette in our 172. We are going to use it as a lounge area, since we find it very uncomfortable to sit on the way it is. Ordered a foam, memory foam, mattress from Walmart.com. When it arrives, I will post to let you know how it works. It is 72" long and 53" wide. 4 1/2" deep. Double bed size. Made for a fold out couch.
I, also, want to order a locking tv mount for our 19" tv. Has anyone used one of these?
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic