r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old refridgerator in new 2013 R-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old refridgerator in new 2013 R-pod
    Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:29am
We just took possession of a new R-pod 178. When trying to do the refrigerator warranty registration on-line, it says the serial number of the fridge is over 3 years old and cannot be warranty registered. Hmm ... very disappointing !  Are they building new campers with appliances this old?  I'm going to call the dealer Monday and see what the story is.  Love the camper so far, hope this is just a mistake.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:44am
If you don't get satisfaction from your dealer don't hesitate to get in touch with Forest River. They've helped a bunch of us on this forum when dealers can't/won't do anything.

Actually, this sounds like a Forest River problem anyway (unless your dealer pulled a new fridge out and stuck an old one in which isn't likely).

Good luck,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Little Sweet Pea Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Sweet Pea Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:48am
Ditto. Susan Thornberg whose contact info is on this site is the best!   Use the search tool for her contact info. 
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:52am

Susan Thornberg: sthornberg@forestriverinc.com

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Michigan Nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:54am
Thank you very much Ratog!  I'm certain this will get resolved.
Michigan Nut Photography
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:10pm
SleepyHave you double checked on the accuracy of the warranty serial numbers you entered?  I was embarrassed a couple of days ago when I tried to submit a warranty number on the internet for a new TV.  I found that the "S" that was quite plain to see was actually a "5".  I called Customer Service to complain about the fact that I wasn't able to enter the serial code.  The operator looked up the possible code number and said that none of their codes had an S in them...but some did have a 5! I typed in "5" and the item was accepted.  I still insist that the "5" is an "S" on the label.
tsunami

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:17pm
Hi tsunami, yes I checked and double checked. The system recognized the serial number, but unfortunately it is recorded as being more than 3 years old.  I will do follow up posts when I get the information.   
Michigan Nut Photography
gnawbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnawbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm
anxious for the rest of the story. Best of luck with your R-pod.
Buck Gilpin
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it!
2016 R-180
2017 Toyota Tacoma
2004 Dodge 3500

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 10:18pm
Hi,
I ended up e-mailing Dometic support. They didn't elaborate on why the fridge was that old, but they asked for the purchase date of the camper and our address. They then replied back stating that the fridge was now registered .  I'm not sure if I should still ask the dealer more questions , or maybe contact forest river and ask them why the fridges are so old.  I suppose as long as the warranty is registered now I shouldn't worry about it. 
Michigan Nut Photography

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 11:52am
I just sent a message to Susan from Forest River, explaining the situation. Maybe she can shed some light. :) 
Michigan Nut Photography
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic