r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watching Television in a 177

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchorout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Watching Television in a 177
    Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:03pm
Unless I sit straight up in bed, I can't focus on the TV.  Has anyone found a way to tilt down the TV screen so that one can watch it while reclined in bed?
Retired: Been there. Done that. Can't remember. And loving every minute.

"TOAD ALONG"

177 pod   F150 v6 tow C-Dory 22 boat
hummingalong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingalong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 2:19pm
I have a 177 as well, and have resulted in putting another TV in... the hinge on the DVD/TV simply won't allow any viewing angle other than straight-on. Quite disappointed, but now I have a reason to put in a much larger TV. Planning on mounting it on the wall with the battery indicator and converting the dining area to a sofa sleeper (mod posted by another memeber is amazing).
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:16pm
I thought about just changing the mounting of the thing by 90 degrees... But we watch so little TV anyways..

I am thinking of adding a shelf at the "foot end" and if I did that we could remove that center console and mount the TV/DVD under it.. which would orient it properly..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 5:51am
OR, you can take it out, problem solved.  We special ordered our 177 to come w/o the tv.  When we are camping, we don't have time for tv.

God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:13am
We like our TV for movies when it completely pours and storms during a trip.  There's only so much to do in the Pod when it's raining.

Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:33am
We pretty much gave up on the small TV and watching it in bed. I bought a flush mount bracket and a 21" flat panel set. Attached it to the entertainment center door (a little offset to the diver's side) and we now watch TV (when we actually do watch TV) from the dining area. A lot easier on the neck and a lot more comfortable. The bottom edge of the flat panel TV is even with the lower edge of the entertainment center cabinet so no added "head bang" hazzard.

When on the road we store the TV in a little foam pouch I made and stick it under the bed.

'Slogger
2PSNPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2PSNPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:25pm
I too have been looking into options for mounting a larger tv on our 177. I have thought about a pole mount? that the base might could slip under the matress possibly in one of the corners?? any thoughts on that idea? could it work?
JUJUNAPRIL
anchorout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchorout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:56pm
I found an easy solution for this problem.  See my post of 12/13 on this, MODS, forum.
Retired: Been there. Done that. Can't remember. And loving every minute.

"TOAD ALONG"

177 pod   F150 v6 tow C-Dory 22 boat
XPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:46am
I ditched the stock TV, bought a 19 inch LCD, and mounted it on a fully rotating "floating" type of mount. This setup lets the TV rotate, and lets the TV flip up out of the way. If you get a good mount, there isn't any trouble with the tv "falling" down while using the sink...works well. The mounting job wasn't my best work, i've intended to re-do it some day, but hey..we were busy snowboarding :-) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic