r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We're on shore power and having issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 11:31am
 Has anyone had to replace the slide motor on a 176T yet. Slide stuck in the out position and there is power at the motor but nothing happens when you operate the switch.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 11:42am
I can't help you specifically with your 176T but there is a manual backup to retract the slide when you get into that problem. Remove whatever panels your have to remove to get to the mechanism (in a 177, I remove the panels under the kitchen sink. You'll see a hex nut that's the same size as the tool you use to work your stabilizers. Turn that nut until your slide is fully retracted.

I've never heard of anyone having to replace a slide motor but anything is possible.

Good luck,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

I can't help you specifically with your 176T but there is a manual backup to retract the slide when you get into that problem. Remove whatever panels your have to remove to get to the mechanism (in a 177, I remove the panels under the kitchen sink. You'll see a hex nut that's the same size as the tool you use to work your stabilizers. Turn that nut until your slide is fully retracted.

I've never heard of anyone having to replace a slide motor but anything is possible.

Good luck,
-- Steve

+ 1 on what Steve said.  You might have to lube the slide track also.  Try and support the slide out if it is sagging any and then try the motor again.
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 2:26pm
If you are on Facebook, go to the r-pod users group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56931970807/
There was a big discussion the other day and even one of the fellows from the Oregon r-pod factory got involved.

Since we don't have a slide, I didn't follow the discussion very well.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic