r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taking out entertainment center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2PSNPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking out entertainment center
    Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:19pm
Has anyone taken out the entertainment center in the 177? I was thinking of removing mine and maybe doing a ceiling mounted tv over street side window. Is this possible to do?? And if so, how/what should I use screw wise and to make a strong enough hold.

Thanks...not sure I'll tackle this but wanted some input to see if what doable.
JUJUNAPRIL
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 9:22am
Pretty much everything in any model of Pod has been unscrewed, removed, and put somewhere else by someone.

Is that the one that's the curved entertainment system over the bed in the cabinet?

There are lots of older posts about moving TV's, adding larger ones and mounting them pretty much anywhere.  Most will just use Molly bolts usually from all the posts I recall having read here.

Anything is possible, there are people here who have completely changed their entire layout of their pods.  They are very friendly to changes if you have some basic handy skills.
2PSNPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2PSNPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:46am
Yeah we have the curved over bed entertainment center...can be a pain sometimes when the other person isn't ready to get up :) Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can come up with.
JUJUNAPRIL
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:33pm
The one note I would say is if you put it on an outside wall, do your best to get the mounting plate secured into the actual wall studs..

But yeah, there's no rules.. have at it. Kymooses doesn't have a stove top.. and he has outside speakers.. and.. well you get the idea..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:17am
....or a sink in my shower anymore!
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 10:35am
I didn't realize you guys had a sink.. thought that was a 2013 thing. I deffinatly need to see pics of how you handled that.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 4:26pm
I unscrewed about 6 screws and pulled it off.

I got Susan to send me some of the wallboard and cut a piece to fit the hole.  Sealed the crap out of it and moved one of those mesh bags over it to cover the ugliness.  But now our shampoo and soap are right where they need to be.

Just got home from work, I'll go snap a pic of my horrid job!  LOLLOL
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 4:38pm
You'd almost never know we'd had a sink there.

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 4:56pm
Hmmmm... can you take another from a little farther back...? I guess the plumbing cutouts where only on one wall?

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

Hmmmm... can you take another from a little farther back...? I guess the plumbing cutouts where only on one wall?

Not unless I sit on the toilet!!  But yes just one wall had a cutout for the drain pipe.  Sink was just screwed and caulked onto multiple walls there at the corner.  So yuh just 6 screws holding the sink against the walls and then just a huge hole in the wall where the water controls are.  Hole went all the way to that 90 degree corner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic