r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

window awnings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: window awnings
    Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 5:09am
I was replacing one of the plastic rain gaurd things on my SUV's door yesterday when it dawned on me how nice it would be to have some kind of little awning above the windows on the r-pod.  One of my favorite daydreams is being nestled in my trailer all dry and comfy while it rains, but I've read reviews on other trailers about the rain running down and in through the windows... just a thought.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 5:49am
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 8:33am
There are window awnings.  Forest River doesn't want people putting slideout awnings on so they might not want us using window ones either.

Terry
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 4:57pm
The jalousie window would be nice for just that reason.  In our last TT we had one window that opened from the bottom and pushed out a few inches.  That allowed us to keep the window open during rain.  That was nice too.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic