r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peru Creek Trail- Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodBlogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peru Creek Trail- Colorado
    Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:04pm
Wanted to climb Gray's and Torrey's but the gate was still locked at the Peru Creek trailhead.  Lot's of snow still in the high country so we stayed along Peru Creek just south of Keystone.  It snowed the first night with temp down to around 30F.  Stayed toasty as a bug in the rug with the table down and our feet pointing into the tent (Heater is below table and we all know heat rises).

Looking forward to heading out later this month for a three or four day trip.  Might be heading South next time to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. 

Top of Loveland Pass- 11,990 Feet.  Pulled like it was on a set of rails.

Wyatt, Jenn, Holden & Tristan
2003 F-150
2013 176-T
fallsrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallsrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 6:26am
Wow, that looks like a nice trip. And your boys look like they're having a great time.

How do you like your 176-T? I'm considering that model for our family. Doing some research now.
PodBlogger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodBlogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 10:21am
I think we researched every small camper that is out there and what we found was they all have their own pros and cons but the 176T filled our needs the best. This was our first trip out and we were very thankful to have the tent for the added room.  Four people (albeit two kids) inside any Pod leaves little room for anything else.  I can't imagine ever sleeping six adults in a 176T but it is the largest Pod model you can get.  Enjoy your research and feel free to ask any questions.  There are a lot of helpful people on this site that are quite experienced Podders. 
Wyatt, Jenn, Holden & Tristan
2003 F-150
2013 176-T
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:17pm
Usually I plan a trip rather thoroughly, but this last one I left it loosey-goosey. Our original intention was to head out to Colorado, but the weather didn't look all that good and we headed south (New Mexico) instead.

Your pictures just make me want to get out there even more. (We've been but not in the pod.)

Please let us know how your trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park is. I saw something about it on television and now it's one of my "gotta see" places.

Thank you for sharing.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
fallsrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallsrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:09am
Originally posted by PodBlogger PodBlogger wrote:

I think we researched every small camper that is out there and what we found was they all have their own pros and cons but the 176T filled our needs the best. This was our first trip out and we were very thankful to have the tent for the added room.  Four people (albeit two kids) inside any Pod leaves little room for anything else.  I can't imagine ever sleeping six adults in a 176T but it is the largest Pod model you can get.  Enjoy your research and feel free to ask any questions.  There are a lot of helpful people on this site that are quite experienced Podders. 
OK, thanks!
'05 Suburban 1500 2WD
Searching for a TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic