r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

screws backing out ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: screws backing out ?
    Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 11:01am
Some might remember door out of square, that is fixed but there is a slight "bump" where a bolt on the door frame looks like it might not be screwed all the way in. That is not a bother to me but will have rv place look at it. The thing that is worrisome is that I have a, what looks like a screw backing out on the side wall (near the top)of the pod. It reminds me of a drywall screw backing out. There are some "spider lines" originating out from this "raised" bump. Has anyone ever seen or had this happen to them. I intend to have someon from the rv place stop by and take a look at this.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 12:43pm
Forgot to mention that this side wall "bump" is on the outside of the pod.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 3:17pm
Easy fix..just unscrew the screw plug hole with waterproof exterior white caulk and screw back screws tight in holes. If the hole is stripped pull out the screw and replace the screw with the same length screw but a slightly thicker diameter. very in expensive and all will go well... Good luck !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic