r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Owner- Colorado 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 9:39am
Hey Scott:
We're in Broomfield, Colorado. Unlike you, we opted for delivery from Couch's! We had our 174 out in Buffalo Creek for first time last weekend and really enjoyed it. I'll keep my eye out for a 172!
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 2:30pm
Hey Boldham!

I was just driving home from work last week on I-25 North and passed another 172- so we have a few owners in our state- any problems with your 174 so far?  I wonder how difficult it will be to get work done away from the original dealer?!

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
boldham View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 3:06pm

Too funny. My office overlooks a RV park but I haven't seen any yet!

No problems with mine so far, but we've only had it out 1 weekend. I can't imagine local dealers turning away warranty work as they are reimbursed by Forest River, but who knows! For what is worth, I bought an additional 5 year warranty.

If you see a 174 moving too slow up into the mountains because my truck (02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac) will barely get out of its own way, that's me! Honk, but no finger, I'm going as fast as I can :)

gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 4:16pm
I have found the warranty situation tends to be based on the dealer attitude and how busy their service department is. (money after all is money)   I just called a local forest river dealer (who is 3 miles away from me) that doesn't carry r-pods.   I told them about the forest river recalls, they looked it up and said I could bring it in and they would be happy to do the work under warranty.    Which will be nice, as I don't want to drive 9 hours to take it in for a repair at the dealer I purchased my 172 from.  Which was the closest dealer who carried them.
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 6:12pm
We were in Colorado in August and had numerous problem with our R-Pod and the dealer in Greeley wouldn't do any of the waranty work on the R-Pod.  Had to drive bad to Ohio with only one brake working.  Dead  Hope you have better luck than we did finding a dealer.
boldham View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 6:55am
Who was the dealer that refused service? I'll stay away!
I'm familiar with Ketelsen in Denver. They seem like good people although I haven't had them work on a camper that wasn't purchased there. They sell R-Pods, but were unwilling to match Couch's price (even when I offered to pay the shipping difference).

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 8:21am
Congrats on the Pod !!!

We are expecting delivery/pickup soon (Couch's / 177) and hope there are
enough "nice" days left to get a few trial runs under our belt.

It sounds like your having a great time. Please share any issues
you may have w/the Pod. Please include the good things too !!

We would luv to see some pics if possible, but most important
have a Pod-tastic Time !!!

Happy Camping !!!!
Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

We are looking forward to many more Colorado destinations and national parks around the country in our R-pod future!

Hi Scott, I just finished watching the PBS special on our National Parks and want to go R-Podding in them all! (maybe not Hawaii)
We live in the foothills of Shenandoah National Park and not too far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 3:13pm
Hey Leaflin-

Colorado is a great state for natural wonders, including Rocky Mtn., Great Sand Dunes, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National parks.  The state parks and national forest campgrounds are great as well.  We are planning on r-poding to Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion and Mesa Verde this coming summer!  We would love to plan a camping vacation to your beautiful state as well, some time in the near future.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
boldham View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

Hey Leaflin-

Colorado is a great state for natural wonders, including Rocky Mtn., Great Sand Dunes, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National parks.  The state parks and national forest campgrounds are great as well.  We are planning on r-poding to Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion and Mesa Verde this coming summer!  We would love to plan a camping vacation to your beautiful state as well, some time in the near future.

Scott
Scott, we dragged our camper over La Veta pass to Great Sand Dunes this weekend. FYI, the NP campground was crowded and not very appealing. We found the state park (8 miles away) much more pleasant. Only a couple of other campers and incredible views of dunes and Sangre De Cristos, plus nice lake and electrical hookup. We hadn't been there in 6 years and forgot how spectacular it was! I'll post pics soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic