r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August FROG International Potluck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August FROG International Potluck
    Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:44pm
Podding attendees of the 2013 FROG Rally at Goshen in August.

From what I've seen on our email updates on this Rally it seems we are being fed all nights except Tuesday and Thursday.

Might I suggest Podding Potlucks for at least one of those nights?  I like Tuesday because the MoosePod has a special dish that we hope to have ready then.

Traditionally a small dish of any sort is more than enough by the time enough Podders show up with one.  Main dish is usually easy enough, a campfire and everyone BYOD and sticks.
Big smile
Bring your own hotdogs!  

Thoughts suggestions and ideas welcome, appreciated and encouraged.  We wouldn't mind finding someplace local to eat at the other night.  If anyone up near that part of the world has a suggestion that could accommodate a group.

Also the DW is calling to this week to check our total Podder attendees if possible.  Last I heard we're nearing 20!

If some are interested mayhaps we'll set up an afternoon for Pod tours if we can make the time.  With so many different models in attendance it's always fun to see how we've all set up our spaces, our mods, and our must have gadgets when we Pod.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:13pm
responded on the FB...

But yeah, we are game.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:31pm
Tuesday night would be good for us too.  If Carrie finds out how many pods we have, let me know please.  Smile
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by R&T's Pod R&T's Pod wrote:

Tuesday night would be good for us too.  If Carrie finds out how many pods we have, let me know please.  Smile

Yup she is calling on Wednesday to see what all we can verify.  Didn't get a chance Friday, we were too busy camping.

Wink
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:32pm
LOLBig smile
Originally posted by kymooses kymooses wrote:

Yup she is calling on Wednesday to see what all we can verify.  Didn't get a chance Friday, we were too busy camping.

Wink

Yup, so were we!  Big smile

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:06am
Tuesday potluck is good for us. Put me down for some type of food. That's as far as I'm willing to commit. If it's cool, I'll cook. If it's hot, I'll make something that doesn't require cooking.

Now I'm going to hijack the thread. Since we're being called a village, I think we should do something that makes us look like a village. We've been seeing lamp posts in campgrounds and I did a search to see where to buy them.

Well d'uh! You don't buy them. You make them with a toilet flange, some PVC pipe and either a hardwired light fixture or a solar light stuck in the pipe.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=2077

http://www.ehow.com/how_4927740_make-pvc-lamp-post.html

http://s534.photobucket.com/user/dixegirl08/media/Lamp/Lampbase.jpg.html

I'm definitely going to have Herb make one of these. Anyone else game? We could put them right where a campsite post would normally go by the road. They don't even have to be all the same. Put signs on them or not. Stick some plastic flowers around the base. Make us look like a little quaint village.

Any other ideas of things we could do to make ourselves look like a little community?
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:10am
@Peggy, I have been wanting to make one of these for a long time.   Now I have an actual person to blame this on when questioned why by Trisha.  Thanks!  --Rob.  LOL

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 6:18pm
I was ready to stop at Lowes today after work and buy materials.  Figured I'd put and outlet on my bucket lights and run a new cord for a lamp post.

But get this!!!  The DW doesn't want one! 

ShockedShocked
 Feel free to flame her on facebook for me.

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:59pm
She is going to be so sorry when she sees how cute they are.

For any of you thinking of making one, make sure you get the kind of paint that is made to go over plastic. Some things we learn the hard way.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:16am
I want to make a lamp post ! They are way too cute. I will bring some type of food to the potluck. Haven't decided yet. Tuesday sounds great. I will let Ella know too. The Activities Director is doing a great job. I think Pod Tours is a must! I'm going to bring my little red campfire for us to enjoy. It doesn't give a lot of heat, but it's nice to look at.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic