r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ted Russell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ted Russell
    Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 11:26am
I have been in contact with Cindy, Ted's wife and she said Ted will be buried Thursday July 25, 2013.
His obituary will be published in the  Springfield-Journal-Register.  Springfield Illinois.  I plan to attend his funeral and ask if any other R-Pods could attend please do so.  I'm sure Cindy would appreciate it.

As many of you know Ted passed away Sunday.  He and Cindy were the forums first moderators and Ted did most of the work since Cindy was the moderator of other forums.  Ted was very instrumental in getting the forum moving and was always available to help new members or old to find answers to their questions.  When he and Cindy came to the first R-Pod roundup Ted, a Veterans Affairs employee, brought small American Flags for all the participants.   Ted served our country in Vietnam and continued to serve after returning to civilian life. 

He certainly renewed my faith in human nature with his outgoing personality and willingness to help where ever he could.  I don't think he knew how much he positively affected other people just by being himself.  But he did greatly.

I certainly hope Ted is given full military honors.  I know he deserves the very best from our country for his service to us both in time of war and time of peace.  He was a very proud American and he made me even more proud to be an American.  When he brought  American flags for all the participants to the R-Pod roundup it made me aware of just how proud he was of his country and wanted to share that pride with everyone he met.

I deeply apologize for putting off until tomorrow what I should have told him yesterday that my life is much better for having known him.

We truly have lost a very, very, good man

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 12:31pm
Thank you Sandpiper. The passing of Ted has affected me greatly. I feel like I knew him well. We continued to be friends on Facebook. He will be missed. I hope that you and Anne are well. Do you still have your Pod?
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
I'm sorry, Carroll, Did you go to Ted's service?  There were SOOOOOO Many people I know I didn't get to see everyone.  Camp Butler does 5 funerals a day in 1 hour increments.  We were a little late starting and then we had so very many people there.  Once the girl from Camp Butler said they needed to prepare for the next burial, I knew we had to get out of the way so I pretty much scooted back to the car.  I know Ted would never have wanted his service to take away from another veterans's service.

If anyone here is not on my facebook page or Ted's and you would like to hear the music that we ended the service with, please ask to be added so you can see it.

On facebook...I am listed under Cindy Allen Mende Russell

I can also look if it is loaded onto Utube as well and when I get that link, I'll post it here.

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 7:19pm
We met Ted and Cindy at the first R-Pod roundup at Fort Boonesborough.  He was amazing, knowledgeable, and kind.  We truly lament his passing and will always remember him.  He was an inspiration to many.
We are sorry for your loss Cindy.

Rita and Ed.  Back then we were living in Costa Rica.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic