r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Window screens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window screens
    Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 6:44pm
OK...I can remove the screens from the windows of my house, but tried and tried to remove the screens from the Pod's windows...how, please?
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 7:54am
I am having the same problem.  One of my screens has a small tear in it.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
rollinstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 7:09pm
Anyone?
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 5:45pm
OK...I finally got thru to the dealership. The top of the track or screen frame is spring loaded. Push the screen up from the bottom and pull out from the bottom when bottom of the screen frame clears the track. That's what they said...now I gotta go try it!  Wink
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:41am
Dang it! I spoke too soon. It didn't work. It seems the only way to get the screen out is to cut it out...and I ain't going to do that. Really...how can something that should be so simple be so hard...or impossible?
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 7:56am
Bummer.  I was hoping you had found the answer.  Lat week I tried all the methods used on my previous travel trailers and MHs to remove the pod screens.  Nothing worked.  There has to be a simple solution, but it seems to be escaping all of us.

Thank you for making that call.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 9:28am
I was able to gently flex the screen frame, and pull it out going in the "closing" direction, flexing it just enough to clear the frame..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:29pm
That is odd about the screens.  In our pod, when ever we open a window, we have to be careful the screen doesn't come out too.  -- Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

I was able to gently flex the screen frame, and pull it out going in the "closing" direction, flexing it just enough to clear the frame..

I'll give that another try, but I'm thinking the 2014 178 isn't going to relent...report later.

What's the ph number for Forest River Customer Service? Their website doesn't have it...anyone.
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 6:09pm
Finally! But it wasn't easy. As Furpod said, you need to bend the screen frame ever so slightly taking great care you don't go beyond that point where the frame is going to buckle. I exerted most of my outward pressure at the bottom of the frame convincing the plasticized track that it was time to give 'er up...and it popped out.

Now the trick is to get it back in. To do that I used a thin wooden butter knife (Thanks, Honey!). Holding the frame in at the top, I just barely got a point of the bottom part of the frame over the plasticized track by puling the track back just a little, and then shoe horned the rest of it in with the wooden knife...

If I have to take it out again, I'll use the butter knife to shoe horn it out. Dang what a PITA!
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic