r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cover for 2014 171

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopnpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cover for 2014 171
    Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:30am
Looking for a cover for our new rpod 171. Any suggestions on where to get this?
James, Tammy and our bullies Angus and Tulah
HopNPod
podrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 5:56pm
Gary and Becky
2010 R151
2006 4Runner
Hopnpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopnpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:01pm
Yes I saw this but believe it will not fit. It says 170 series but up to 15.1 ft. We measured the body on ours and it is 17 ft. I think this is for an older version. 
HopNPod
Hopnpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopnpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 11:00pm
Ok so I contacted Northern Tool and they do make a tear drop cover that covers up to 18 ft. I ordered it. Takes up to ten days. Will let you know how it fits our 171. 
HopNPod
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Hopnpod Hopnpod wrote:

Ok so I contacted Northern Tool and they do make a tear drop cover that covers up to 18 ft. I ordered it. Takes up to ten days. Will let you know how it fits our 171. 

It will fit just fine, many have bought from Northern Tool.  The large one fits all the 17x models and the small one I believe fits the earlier smaller models, some of the 15x ones.
podrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:10pm
It looks like Amazon and Northern Tool are both selling the same cover.  If you look at the specifications, they both use the same manufacturer item #. 
Gary and Becky
2010 R151
2006 4Runner
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 9:13pm
I have a cover that we purchased for our 2009 171.  It is still in good shape and we will sell it for 100.00 if you are interested.  we live in ohio .  you can call at 330-961-7006. ask for Ralph or Maggie
Hopnpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopnpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 11:29pm
Already ordered cover from northern tool.  Waiting on delivery.Smile
HopNPod
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by kymooses kymooses wrote:

Originally posted by Hopnpod Hopnpod wrote:

It will fit just fine, many have bought from Northern Tool.  The large one fits all the 17x models and the small one I believe fits the earlier smaller models, some of the 15x ones.

Just to clarify.. the large one will fit all the 17x models EXCEPT the new 178.. it's the same length as a 18x..Wink
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic