r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shower curtain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower curtain
    Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 11:02pm
Did Forest River forget to extend the shower curtain hanging rail toward the wall opposite the toilet? The rail starts just short of the wall that supports the shower head, and traverses nicely to the area behind the commode. I'd like to be able to slide the curtain around the other direction to a point just short of the shower head holder.

Is there a hanging rail extension that will do the job? As I see it, my shower water is going to splash up against the door, run down the door and end up on the living space floor, not to mention eventually warping the door.
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:30am
That doesn't sound right.  All shower curtains I've seen in numerous pods the shower curtain starts at the back wall there at the toilet covers that wall and then comes around and covers the door completely.

I might be mis-understanding how you are describing yours, but again in every single pod I've ever had a tour or or seen a shower modification the curtain covers 2 of the 4 wall areas, the one behind the toilet and the door itself fully.
rollinstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 12:20pm
You're right...my description is lacking. The curtain comes just up to the door hinges...I wouldn't say fully, tho. Just the way the fabric naturally hangs there's a slight gap. I would have like to see the curtain continue for a few more inches past the door hinge area with another curve in the track.

A guy like me is going to splash water all over...Smile  Even at home I usually anchor the curtain with a wet wash rag or shampoo bottle. Too much hassle to add more track, if it could be done at all. Where's my Velcro kit?...*begins search*...

And while we're talking, how do those flimsy walls hold up to water getting on them?
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 2:43pm
I was just going to suggest Velcro, but you beat me to it.  We have it on our curtain and it contains the water well.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 3:53pm
What about water on the walls? Do they hold up to it OK?I mean at home we have shower stall of Hardiboard painted with semi-gloss paint...these R-Pod walls look a little dicey.
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by rollinstone rollinstone wrote:

What about water on the walls? Do they hold up to it OK?I mean at home we have shower stall of Hardiboard painted with semi-gloss paint...these R-Pod walls look a little dicey.

Wipe them down after each use.  we then use Pledge on them to add a coat of wax.  You can also wax them with a good car wax to help make the water run off easer.

WWRBeer
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:05pm
Great idea! Never woulda thot of this!

And, hey! I made "Groupie" status!
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 9:14am
3rd season and we both shower in the Pod each day we're out and we camp quite a bit.  Walls are fine, just flip on your fantastic fan when you're done and it'll dry it all out nice and quick like.

david950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 4:28pm
We probably have nearly 100 nights in our rPod, x 3 showers per night (most nights), with no ill effects on anything. On the one hand, I'd like to say we don't take special precautions with anything, but on the other I'd say we take better care of our stuff than the average Joe, so the truth is in the middle, I suppose.

We do the following:

- Cover the toilet with a trash bag before showering
- Shower
- Remove the trash bag after the last shower, shake dry and hang (from the clothes rod in the shower)
- Squeegee the walls (taking care not to "grab" any caulk in the corners with the squeegee edge) after the last shower, then wipe down the remainder with a towel.  I also squeegee the water that sits in the edge of the tray, where it "underlaps" the walls.  We live in hot and humid Louisiana, and often camp nearby, so we may be more "alert" than most to standing water, which where we live would prefer to become mold and mildew than to evaporate.

That's it - all told, less than 1 min pre-shower prep, and less than 3 mins post-shower cleanup.

Oh, I agree that it sounds as though your track may be shortened.  Mine definitely comes all the way to the corner of the "front" (shower head) wall, though it doesn't curve around.  The "slack" in the curtain allows for the bottom to lap around to the front wall.  We don't have issues with water outside the bathroom or on the door.
camping > working
------------------------
2011 176, 2011 Ram 1500

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 5:46pm
I attached iron-on-to-fabric Velcro to the shower curtain and regular sticky-back Velcro to the shower wall. When I climb into the shower it takes about 5 secs to attach the curtain to the wall at 6 points...problem solved!
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic