r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thickness of the Pod's walls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by headcold headcold wrote:

Yes, I used locktight caulk in the holes I drilled for the plastic expander sleeves.  The paper towel rack seems to be holding up well.  The problem arose when I pulled the pod over several miles of the worse possible backroad (more of a trail) into the Big Belt Mountains here in Montana.  It shook loose most of the 3M adhesive hooks on which I was hanging a lot of stuff. So, better to secure the "hanging stuff" with something more substantial.  Again, thanks for all the advice.

I am totally over my fascination with those 3M Command Hooks. They have failed too many times, in the rpod and in our home.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
bubink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:19pm
I'm looking to add a fairly weighty rack to the wall on our slide. It has four places for it to be mounted to the wall. It looks like I can go safely in about an inch but do you all suggest regular drywall mounts?? An adhesive to hold them in before we put the screws in??
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:18pm
What is "fairly weighty"? How far out from the wall will the weight be? Will it be solidly mounted, or something that can swing and/or bounce?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
bubink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 5:21pm
The rack is two pounds. It will be mounted right onto the wall itself on the slide out portion by the sink. It has four places to attach it to the wall so just want to use the most durable fastener for something of that weight. 
rollinstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:01pm
I think the Command Strips are OK if I don't expect them to hold like a nail. I use them, but remove the items they're carrying when on the move...rehang them when I've stopped for the day.
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic