r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:01am
I plan on removing the tv/dvd/radio unit completely and installing a small form dvd player in the cabinet over the bed. I have already installed a 15" lcd tv and I find the audiovox unit to be pretty useless. As for the cabinet, we like it to keep our cell phone chargers, keys, etc handy.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:36pm
My husband removed ours and sealed the holes with some type of caulk that matched. We also moved the net holders in the bathroom over so that helped also and we put remote cell phones etc.. We put a towel rack behind the commode where the net holders were like the one in the motels, great for storage and looks good to. We used the same tv and mounted to the bottom of a shelf and put at end of bed because we were scared of a larger one because of weight. Worked out perfect so much better now. There are picxs here I posted on it if you want to do a search.
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:37am
We haven't hit our heads on it yet either but probably just a matter of time!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
clevispin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clevispin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 1:26pm
Wife sleeps on the outside, me and my prostate sleep on the inside, so the %^&* thing is right in my way. I haven't hit my head twice cause it hurt so bad the first time.

However, I try to save my annoyance with the 175 for the AC, which after several dealer visits still sounds like a combination of an earthmover (low freq) and a jet engine (high freq).

You can't hear the radio or dvd player when the AC is running, so maybe I'll just take the thing out.

Tom
Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by clevispin clevispin wrote:

You can't hear the radio or dvd player when the AC is running, so maybe I'll just take the thing out.

Tom

That's what we did. Ours was under the sink and we never watched it. We took it out and bought a small radio that hangs on a hook. The DVD/TV/Radio is now in my studio and has yet to be turned on.
Leaf-Pod 173
97 Ford Explorer
http://www.leaflin.net
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by kotasnana kotasnana wrote:

What do the 175 owners think about the entertainment center over the bed? I love everything about the 175 except this, want to change it but scared, thanks jackye

Craig moved ours tonight towards the foot of the bed.  Once he finishes putting the light back in the new position and trimming it out, I will get some pictures.  It opens the bed area up greatly. 

We also modified the slideout sofa greatly and will be trying it out next week.  It should work for us but we are fairly small people (I'm only 5' 1 1/2" and he is only 5' 10") and this would probably not work for taller people.  Once we are finished with the makeover, I will add some pictures. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic