r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 175
    Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 7:06am
What do the 175 owners think about the entertainment center over the bed? I love everything about the 175 except this, want to change it but scared, thanks jackye
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 10:27am
Our 174 rental did not have the TV/DVD in it, but I didn't mind the cabinet where it was as some have- I found it handy to store some frequently used essentials like medications, toiletries, etc. I also made good use of the horizontal area (can't quite call it a "shelf" but it worked) that is formed above the couch when the slide is out- putting tissues, insect spray, first aid kit, etc up there.

I am hopeful that when we get our 174, we will find that the TV can be viewed either while laying in bed, sitting on the couch or working at the dinette table. If it is, I will be happy with the location and just have to hope there are not too many head vs. TV mishaps.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:40pm
So far I haven't hit my head yet!  But I know I will some day.

Terry
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:44pm

I know right? It is such an odd place for them to put it. I think you could take down the box without a problem and re-route the cables with trim to cover to the corner but my concern would be how to mount another tv on corner. studs or frame to mount to?

Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 4:07am
We found a picture frame that fit the space perfect,  added one of our favorite photos and hinged it to cover the hole/shelf. Now we have a small but covered space for all those little items or DVD's and CD's
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:56am
We bought a door to cover the opening which we haven't installed yet.  I suggested Forest River that they should put a mirrored door over the opening so there would be a mirror in the unit.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:27am

Those are great ideas but i was thinking about removing the whole unit ande putting in corner, has anyone removed the entire unit? and what did they do to cover the wall where it has been

Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
ridney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:38am
I had considered moving it to the corner as well but then the TV wouldn't be as visible from the couch and kitchen, so for now I'm leaving it where it is.  After using the camper a few times now, I'm aware of the cabinet even when getting up in the middle of the night so unless I have a memory lapse after a few adult beverages, I think I'll be fine.
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:57am
Maybe I'm jusy clumsy Tongue but I hit it 3 times with my elbow the last night we stayed in it, I can live with that but the hubby can't see the tv while lying in bed- it's to close, he needs it to be further back. I thought about mounting one of those swivel arms or a shelf in corner and adding a 19 or 20 inch if possible, I saw on here where someone mounted a corner shelf there in the corner so I am going to try to find that post and see how they mounted and how sturdy it is? I can live with the set up now but would rather have it in corner if possible. thanks for all  the reply's.
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:34pm

We have a 175 also and want to move the cabinet down to the end of the bed.  Does anyone know if there is support in that area for reattachment?  How did you cover up the holes in the ceiling if you removed the cabinet?

Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic