r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

173 countertop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:13am
This might help some: I use Photo Bucket, a picture hosting site that is free.  You upload your pictures, I think there is a 200 picture limit for the freebie.  Under your pictures will be a number of choices.  Click on: IMG CODE.  That will highlight the code to the right, left click on mouse and copy code.  Then just paste the code where you want it.

Terry

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:16am
This is a good thread and I can see that I will be using some of these ideas.  Pictures sure would help.  There was somebody on here that put up a curtain to close off the rear bed.  Another great idea!  Need pics though.

Terry
jlhyatt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlhyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 4:01pm
Here are the pictures of the shelves that I made and installed in my 173.

jim
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:41pm
Jim: Good work!  Thanks for posting the pics.

Terry
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:22pm
Hey Jim....Awesome job, love the pics!!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
markb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:23am
We found some folding brackets at our RV dealer and installed a large wooden cutting board to the right of the sink.  We don't use it for serious cutting - just as somehwre to stack dirty dishes for washing.  The board folds down when not in use.  Caution: The side panel of the counter cabinet is VERY thin material.  I glued a plywood plate to the inside of the cabinet and then through-bolted the folding brackets.  There's just enough room between the cabinet and the sink, but having an assistant with small hands will help!

I used the some kind of reinforcement to install an 18" towel bar on the left side of the kitchen counter.  And to someone's question about storage under the couch in a 173 - yes there's lots of room but no outside hatch to access it.  However there is a gap (6 to 8 iches?) between the back of the couch and the trailer wall, and for us that's enough to stuff in folding deck chairs, cushions, etc.

Happy travels!
R-Pod 173
Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 7:41pm

Embarrassed Here is my story of picking up my 173 at couches rv nation and the things I can reoprt on ,likes and dislikes. After the initial purchase we headed back to west virginia. It took us about 5.5 hours up to Ohio and we got about 22 mpg in our toyota 4x4 van. I was surprised that the little camper was such a burden on th V6 van and dropped the mileage down to about  9 mpg. I do admitt that I could have done better but I drove between 65 and 70 to try to get home before midnight. It was a long day, 7:30 am to about 10:00 pm!

The most stressful aspect of the trip was that the trailer's driver side brake was grabing and even though I stopped and tried to adjust It, I had no luck. It kept getting hot to the touch even tough the other brake never got even warn. To be honest I was pretty sick of the long day and the stress. I called couches and they were very nice telling me how to adjust the brakes  so I crawed under the trailer and finally got it fixed. I too called Forest River at about 4:00 pm on Fri. and got about 5 answering machines. Finally one woman agreed to check on the brake problems and call me back. She did a couple hours later and told me it was up to couches to get me a local dealer to work on my R-Pod.

A few  other things even though they were not a big problem , was small details, (who knows I may have gotten a Monday  built trailer )but one of the shades was backward with the adjustment rod behind the shade and the little hanger sacks in the bath were upside down. There was a small tear or seperation in the couch material, and several screws stripped out from the door stop to the card board cover under the couch.

I find the dome room to be great but I don't know how long it will hold up due to the grove that holds the room to the trailer eats up the plastic strip on the room due to sharp spots inside the rail about every 6 inches.

Our first trip was close to home and my water pump would not turn off so I found out the hose shut off at the water heater was not completely closed. I too wish the tv and antenna would have worked on 12 volt.  

I will admitt  that I am the type that has to have everything perfect and we are trying to get everything just right before we take a longer trip. We bought four 12"hx29"Lx15"W plastics container at wal-mart and they create lots of managable space under the couch in the 173.

This may sound crazy but I kind of like fixing things and have enjoyed the camper so far, I still think it is a good deal for what you get! Sorry I didn't mean to write a book but I hope this will help you and if I can answer any ones questions feel free to direct them to me. Smile

MEL
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 5:58pm
how did you mount the full length mirror on the door?
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 6:44pm
JIM: Search for  Photo!Editor it's free and it makes quick work of resample/resizing pics.  Meanwhile I'll send you my email address.

Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
markn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 5:36am
Mel,

I too had a brake problem when I picked up my 175 last week.  I haven't called to get instructions to fix it as it has just been sitting since I picked it up.  Our 2009 Sienna went from 22.4mpg to 9mpg on the trip home.  Did you see any noticable improvement on mpg after you fixed the brake?

thanks
Mark
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic