r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water on the floor in our 171

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water on the floor in our 171
    Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:21am
We seemed to have developed a new problem.  My wife has been sleeping in our rpod during the past few days (she works nights) while we're having new floors installed in the house.  This morning she showed me there was water on the floor in front of the bathroom (which she is not using).  The A/C has been left on for the past several days but I cannot detect condensation on the walls.  The water  is on the floor and along the seam of the cabinets and bathroom.  The water is in the middle of the trailer on the floor and fees greasy or oily.  I can find no water coming down the sides or through the windows or around the a/c or bathroom vent.  The bathroom is also dry.  The unit is not hooked up for water and I have a bag for damp/rid hanging on the bathroom door which is partially full.

I'm taking the unit back to the dealer next Wednesday.   We had previously had a big leak in the rear window which was resealed (the seal was actually upside down) and that area is fine now.  It's a mystery where the water is coming from

.Has anyone had a similar problem
Bill
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:38am
Could it be a leak at the water pump?  Its located behind a panel in the cabinet beside the furnace.  Leaking water may pool where you've described.

In addition to a possible loose hose clamp, it may just be that the bypass for winterizing the system isn't fully closed...
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:43pm
You might have the same problem I did.  If your leak is under the AC that might be your problem.  When I left mine on all day it leaked inside.  The dealer could not get the same results.  So....???

Terry
GregA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 9:14pm
 My water system was leaking at the water filter according to the dealer. Water would flow out onto the floor from underneath the plumbing area (where the pump and hoses are located). They installed the missing gasket that the mfr. had failed to put in. Also, they sealed around the watertank-fill device on the outside of the Pod so that when filling the tank with the hose is completed, the water that sloshes out won't run inside the body of the trailer.
Tow; 2001 Toyota Tundra ext'd cab,V-8, 4x4
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 5:09am
Terry,
Does your AC still leak?  I wonder if there is an issue with the Dometic unit.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Mary & Don Mary & Don wrote:

Terry,
Does your AC still leak?  I wonder if there is an issue with the Dometic unit.

I haven't used it since that happened.  I don't have anywhere to hook it up at home either and besides that........I'm in New Orleans for 10 days of Good Times!Big smileBig smile

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Have a great time!  I bet it's hot there too.  Of course, even here in Ohio, it's 94 today and we're hiding inside at home.  We spent the past week at Alum Creek State Park and had a good time camping there. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 11:31am
I am  beginning to belive that on hot humid days, the AC unit does leak.  It it most likely a problem with Dometic. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 3:54pm
    We have used our AC on hot humid days and it has not leaked.    David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic