r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dead bolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dead bolt
    Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:54pm
There is a dead bolt recall.  SEE information under Maintenance .

WWR
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:03pm

Post Options Post Options 
  Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fastec FIC door lock recall
    Posted: Yesterday at 6:21pm

These are used on the pods.  Note they say even if your key code isn't on the list, if you can still remove the key in the 9 o'clock position it will be replaced.

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/recall/Fastec%20Cylinder%20Recall%20letter.pdf

WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 11:07am
I received my new set of locks the other day and just got around to looking at the package. As the "EHH R" pod is already winterized I won't be doing this till next spring. But 2 questions, 1: does it matter which cylinder goes into the deadbolt or the paddle handle? 2: 1 on the new cylinders has one of the little brass things sticking up, I didn't try to move the new key that is in the slot to try to "bring down" the brass thing, does this matter? Also after reading the material it seems like a very easy switch. Thanks in advance all.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
jcmoran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcmoran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 1:28pm
I submitted my qualifying info more than a month ago via the online form, and still no new lock.  Just called their 800 number (800-837-2505), and heard the message that the voice mail box was full, and that there is no room for new messages.  Hmmm

So, I just called another number for them, (423-434-2744) and talked with a very nice "Jessica" who told me they are about 6 weeks backlogged, but since I called, she was sending my upgraded deadbolt lock assembly out in the morning.

Tenacity!  Not just another hard to spell word.   LOL
John & Stephanie Moran
2014 RP-178
2001 Silverado LS 1500
Fur babies: Bella & Emma
Pod4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pod4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:39pm
I submitted my form online via their website on May 5th , I decided to call today and spoke to her. I asked about how long to receive the kit. She said she would process it today being I called and 7-10 mailing days.
Also there would be an enclosed shipping envelope to return mail the blue insertion keys back to them?
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Pod4Two Pod4Two wrote:

I submitted my form online via their website on May 5th , I decided to call today and spoke to her. I asked about how long to receive the kit. She said she would process it today being I called and 7-10 mailing days.
Also there would be an enclosed shipping envelope to return mail the blue insertion keys back to them?

Calling is really the best way to get their attention, we've had owners wait months and never hear anything until they finally call about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic