r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frame bolts missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjf3jps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frame bolts missing
    Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 5:09pm
We have a new 178, and love it. Have had it since the spring and have been out about 10 times this year. All summer long the camper has sat kind of skewed slightly to the left on the frame, and we thought it was no big deal. On our last trip I noticed that it was off center even more than normal, after closer inspection -- both bolts that hold the camper to the frame on the right side were completely missing. Quite a shock as you can imagine -- has anyone else ever experienced this on a rpod or any trailer for that matter??
2014 RPod 178
Toyota Tacoma
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 5:43pm
Wow, I've heard a ton of "fit and finish" problems from the factory with these trailers but that is a first.

Contact your dealer. Tell them you want it fixed. If your dealer is not local, tell them you want it fixed by a local dealer because a) driving it can cause more damage than it already has and, b) it is potentially unsafe to take it on the road.

If you don't get any satisfaction, contact Susan at Forest River with the same request. Let us know if you don't have her contact info and someone here will get it for you.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
zjf3jps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjf3jps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:40pm
Yeah I already replaced the bolts during that trip, and am having my storage guys double check them before we go out this weekend. Tks for the help I will double check with both the dealer and forest river, not sure what they will or can do. Just got lucky I noticed it before someone got hurt.
2014 RPod 178
Toyota Tacoma
zjf3jps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjf3jps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:43pm
I do not have Susan's contact information, would be appreciated. Tks again.
2014 RPod 178
Toyota Tacoma
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 7:00pm
Susan Thornberg's email address is: sthornberg@forestriverinc.com

She's great and will definitely take care of your problem.

Hang in there,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic