r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Trip in my 171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ff404mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Trip in my 171
    Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:54am
I got my 171 back in mid Feb. and took it out for the first time the first week of March to Lake Livingston State Park , Texas on one of our annual fishing trips . This is my first travel trailer and I love it . All of the other guys on the trip used tents and were jealous . The first two nights got down in the upper 30's and I was very cozy with one small electric heater . I did not hook any water up and just used the facilities provided (hot shower , bathroom). Here are a few pics of my trip .

Mario

Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 6:03am
It looks like you had a wonderful time!  I would swear you were in one of our (WI) state parks.  I can't wait to get out on the 28th.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:41pm
Glad to hear you stayed warm with just an electric heater.  That's all we've ever used in our prior TT and pop-up.  Looks like a beautiful campground.

Darlene
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:46am
Hello ff404mag! 
I am a wanna be rpod owner in Texas.  Where did you get yours and are you happy with the dealer service?  I have been weighing the options of a trip to Ohio, freight from Ohio or trying to find a local dealer.  There doesn't seem to be one anywhere near me.

Becky
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:33am
Daystarsc: you should add your location. 

Terry
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:48am
Thanks, Terry!  I was not sure what would show up on the post.

Becky
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:48am
Nice pics...looks like you did well fishing!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
ff404mag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ff404mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:00pm
Hi Becky

I got mine in Fort Worth at VOGT RV . I feel like I got a fair deal since I didn't have to drive all the way to Ohio . They have several in stock and you can see them on line . They were very friendly and , yes I would recomend them .  If you take the fuel cost and the days off of work that I would have missed , the price difference would have been close to a wash . My 171 was $13.5 with all the options , ac , r-dome , tv , micro ... .

Mario
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:43am
Thanks Mario!

We are hoping to get an rpod sometime this summer so if you see another one out there at the lakes it just may be us.  I have seen the ones online at VOGT RV.  We may have to take a weekend trip up there.  There is also a place in Conroe but they don't seem to have much in stock.

Becky
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:53am
Beautiful place... was your campsite really that secluded or is it the angle of the picture?
Let's hit the road!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic